Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Adham Morad said:

Does anyone’s get married in lebanon, i want to ask which marriage certificate I should send to uscis from baabda or what ?

I'll quote the Department of State source document:


Marriage and Divorce Certificates

Available: Marriage and divorce certificates may be obtained from the office of the Vital Statistics Bureau in the district where the event was registered. Certified copies of records can be obtained for a minimal fee (currently less than one dollar). The certificate itself is free of charge; the fee is for the stamps used on the certificate.

  • There is no civil marriage or divorce in Lebanon, though civil marriages and divorces conducted outside Lebanon are accepted as valid. Lebanese civil law requires all marriages, divorces, and deaths to be registered with the Vital Statistics Bureau. Any marriage conducted outside Lebanon must be registered with the nearest Lebanese embassy or consulate.
  • Divorces and marriages that occured prior to 1943 may not have been registered. In this case, secondary evidence is acceptable along with a statement of non-existence from the Vital Statistics Bureau.
  • Since each divorce is granted under religious law, the basis for divorce depends on the religious affiliation of the parties to the marriage. 
  • Religious marriage and divorce certificates must be authenticated by the religious leaders of the issuing religious institution. Fees for religious documents vary among the communities.
  • In general, Lebanese embassies accept requests for civil documents. Applicants may experience indeterminately long waiting periods before they receive the documents, as is the case with police and prison records. It is also possible to submit requests in person while in Lebanon, or have a friend or relative submit a request on your behalf. Additionally, you may fill out an application with a mayor's office in Lebanon, giving the mayor's office authority to request a marriage or divorce certificate on your behalf from the civil registry office.

Fees:  The certificate itself is free of charge; the fee, which is currently less than on dollar, is for the stamps used on the certificate.

Document Name:  Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate

Issuing Authority: Vital Statistics Bureau

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: A Ministry of Interior seal, including the district in which the certificate was issued.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: The certificates are signed and stamped by the registrar's officer.

Registration Criteria: The husband submits the religious marriage certificate or divorce certificate to the office of the Vital Statistics Bureau in the district where the event took place. Marriages and divorces should be registered immediately after taking place, but there is no penalty for not doing so.

Procedure for Obtaining: Individuals requiring a marriage or divorce certificate should request an application from the mayor's office in the district where the event occurred. The application should then be submitted to the Vital Statistics Bureau in the district where the event took place.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available.

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents.

Exceptions: None   


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...