Alexmat1

I-751 Paper work - Is it too much or ok .. ?

8 posts in this topic

This is my second time applying for the I-751 as the first one was denied because I filed divorce waiver option but did not have the divorce decree done by the time they asked for RFE.

My earlier application (done by an attorney) was about 175 pages.

My Re application, going by USCIS guidelines "include as much evidence as you can" has brought my application stack to about 500 pages. Thats as thick as a  printer paper packet I bought. Is that a lot and will be frowned upon ? I have seggregated these by tabs and sections so the USCIS officer should be still easily able to go to the exactly evidence he wants and not be lost in the 500 pages. Most of the volume is related to bank/credit statements (multiple banks/credit cards) and a bunch of emails to proove that we knew each other much before marriage. Also a lot of it is travel tickets/hotel reservations/trips to proove we travelled together. About 20 pages of photos.

I did an analysis and I could reduce about 80 pages (still good evidence like  retirement saving document showing address wife lived at, some emails to show we knew many years before marriage, some travel tickets/hotel bookings) if getting it down to 400 pages is better. I think the remaining are very good evidence. I just want to get it done this time and not have to bother about RFE

Pls advise. If someone has send this much evidence, then it will be a peace of mind to know that I didnt piss off the officer right at the start itself with this much pages.

TIA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our stack was 4 inches high.  I don't know how many pages that is, but at least it is a comparison!!!

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Thank you. Mine is about 2.. I am happy I have company 🙂 Hope the USCIS officer remembers yours, and pardons me for boring him with all the evidences. After all they asked for it with "include as much evidence" as you can. 

Honestly I wish USCIS had an online way to file. Save on paper, mail fees, print charges and it saves enviroment too. All that work done is just shredded after the officers review. !! 

5 hours ago, Alexmat1 said:

This is my second time applying for the I-751 as the first one was denied because I filed divorce waiver option but did not have the divorce decree done by the time they asked for RFE.

My earlier application (done by an attorney) was about 175 pages.

My Re application, going by USCIS guidelines "include as much evidence as you can" has brought my application stack to about 500 pages. Thats as thick as a  printer paper packet I bought. Is that a lot and will be frowned upon ? I have seggregated these by tabs and sections so the USCIS officer should be still easily able to go to the exactly evidence he wants and not be lost in the 500 pages. Most of the volume is related to bank/credit statements (multiple banks/credit cards) and a bunch of emails to proove that we knew each other much before marriage. Also a lot of it is travel tickets/hotel reservations/trips to proove we travelled together. About 20 pages of photos.

I did an analysis and I could reduce about 80 pages (still good evidence like  retirement saving document showing address wife lived at, some emails to show we knew many years before marriage, some travel tickets/hotel bookings) if getting it down to 400 pages is better. I think the remaining are very good evidence. I just want to get it done this time and not have to bother about RFE

Pls advise. If someone has send this much evidence, then it will be a peace of mind to know that I didnt piss off the officer right at the start itself with this much pages.

TIA

How long did they give you the first time with the RFE

6 hours ago, Alexmat1 said:

Its standard.. 87 days for you to produce RFE they have asked.

So did you originally file your I-751 as a divorce waiver (without the decree), or did you change it before having the decree in hand? 

11 hours ago, Alexmat1 said:

Originally filed as divorce waiver without the decree.

May I ask why it took so long for you to get the decree? Like surely you wouldn't have got an RFE for quite a while after they received the package right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.