murrv

K1 interview rescheduled - has anyone heard back yet?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ver&S said:

It went from saying that they were only processing CR1 to now we are also processing "fiance (K) visas, and other mission critical categories such as medical professional". They changed the date today, I think the website must be really slow to update or something

I noticed that it said that since at least yesterday, but without them changing the "updated on" date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, JacobP said:

I noticed that it said that since at least yesterday, but without them changing the "updated on" date.

That seems so shady on their part but could also easily be incompetence and not that deep. But I do wonder if the lawsuit has anything to do with this. 
someone commented on the Montreal update on twitter saying something like - don’t you guys know we all talk on forums and fb.. we know you haven’t done much for k-1. Thought that was funny 🙄

Timeline
16 hours ago, Ver&S said:

The lawsuit for K-1 was filed today, so I wonder if that's why they updated the wording on the website without changing the date of the update?

Do you mind linking me the website? I'm not sure which one you are all talking about

A: AB, Canada 
S: NJ, USA

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

2015 Dec 21 - First met online 💗

2016 Jun 25 - First meeting in real life (NYC)

2016 Aug 04 - Officially become a couple  💗

2016 Sep 02 - First official meeting in person as couple

~ about 20 meetings in person since then til Feb 2020 after that ~

2020 Feb 18 - Sent I-129F Petition

2020 Feb 21 - I-129F delivery confirmed; case received by USCIS

2020 Feb 25 - Received e-notification
2020 Feb 26 - NOA1 (received on Mar 02)

2020 Jul 30 - 2 week visit in US

2020 Sep 15 - NOA2  (received Sep 21)

2020 Dec 14 - 3 week visit in US

2021 May 25 - In Transit to Consulate

2021 Jun 21 - Received P3 letter (dated Jun 14)

2021 Aug 03 - Medical (Toronto, Dr Mascarenhas)

2021 Aug 25 - Interview date (Montreal), Approved! (Review)

2021 Aug 28 - Passport + visa received 

2021 Sep 26 - POE Toronto (Review)

☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️  ☁️☁️

AOE

2021 Nov 08 - Filed I-485

2021 Nov 13 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

2022 Dec 17 - I-485 approved

2022 Dec 28 - Card produced

Timeline
1 hour ago, EllieK said:

That seems so shady on their part but could also easily be incompetence and not that deep. But I do wonder if the lawsuit has anything to do with this. 
someone commented on the Montreal update on twitter saying something like - don’t you guys know we all talk on forums and fb.. we know you haven’t done much for k-1. Thought that was funny 🙄

That was me. I'm so done with their lack of communication and action. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, BaileyHunter said:

That was me. I'm so done with their lack of communication and action. 

Yea that was great! 
It’s crazy that they make it sound as if they are actively rebooking k-1 and asking for our patience. Our patience has been bordering virtuous... give us a time frame at the very least.   

Timeline

I know it's been posted in a few different forums already but someone was rescheduled from March 18th to Oct 19th! Also Oct 19th is a Monday so it looks like they're not sticking to the Wednesdays only rule. I read in another forum it took them 4 weeks to reschedule 7 weeks of IR/CR1 interviews so hopefully they get through k1s even faster than that.

3 minutes ago, murrv said:

I know it's been posted in a few different forums already but someone was rescheduled from March 18th to Oct 19th! Also Oct 19th is a Monday so it looks like they're not sticking to the Wednesdays only rule. I read in another forum it took them 4 weeks to reschedule 7 weeks of IR/CR1 interviews so hopefully they get through k1s even faster than that.

Yes that was me!!! I hope they move fast 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Alexag said:

Yes that was me!!! I hope they move fast 

This made me so happy! Our interview was supposed to be April 1st and I'm so so so so so so happy they're finally moving!!!

Timeline

Awesome news all around that they are moving forward!!

For those of you wondering when it will be your turn... 👇

I did a search going back to NOA2 of October 2019 (roughly when the cases that are being rescheduled now are from) and it looks like there are 61 cases since then.

21 of those have gotten interviews prior to COVID.

That being said; if the embassy keeps on 5-interviews a week you can make a guess on when maybe possibly almost with a bit of luck you could potentially perhaps aproximately have your interview.

Our NOA2 came in April of this year so I ran the search through the end of April.

This is only the people on visa journey and there are obvs those that dont update their timeline so all with a grain of salt...

Anyhow... back to reality and another dose of patience...

image.thumb.png.a8626b1e2c0be598fb994ae8baffa9e7.png

Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 6:46 AM, Chipper15 said:

I did a search going back to NOA2 of October 2019 (roughly when the cases that are being rescheduled now are from) and it looks like there are 61 cases since then.

That being said; if the embassy keeps on 5-interviews a week you can make a guess on when maybe possibly almost with a bit of luck you could potentially perhaps aproximately have your interview.

Our NOA2 came in April of this year so I ran the search through the end of April.

This is only the people on visa journey and there are obvs those that dont update their timeline so all with a grain of salt...

It's good that you're making research! 

I just wanted to let you know some people didn't fill in the timelines.

I have been contacted by several people who have not filled out the timeline but were similar or a little behind my timeline that were wondering about the processing movements at the embassy.

Just try to double the estimate time so you will be happily surprised rather than disappointed.

Hopefully things move faaaaaaaaaaaast for you guys! 

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, murrv said:

I head that too muurv. I really hope they get through all K1 reschedules by mid October. Then they can open more appointments up since the K1 is now mission critical. 

Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, Chipper15 said:

Awesome news all around that they are moving forward!!

For those of you wondering when it will be your turn... 👇

image.thumb.png.a8626b1e2c0be598fb994ae8baffa9e7.png

Hey, I am trying to do the same. However, I got my NOA2 in January this year and still haven't been able to book an interview so I think there's a lot to consider on that front. I am also not on this list screenshot. I do know this, there are people who received an email from the consulate that they are ready to book (I got that MARCH 16) and I know a few people who got that email in the next days like 17 and 18 but have not been able to book appointments either. So if you haven't gotten your packet 4 yet (which is that email) and you haven't gotten your packet 3 or a letter on the mail from the NVC that says we sent your papers over, you are a little bit behind in the process. But that doesn't mean anything because when they open appointments they won't open like 5 for people like me, They will open a bunch and try to process all the people who have reached the embassy from NVC before requesting new applications from NVC.  Also, they are hosting 6 interviews per Monday and Wednesday. I found out from research and from having connections with spousal people too. I think we are all so close though

Edited by Denya and Andrew

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, phoeniks26 said:

This made me so happy! Our interview was supposed to be April 1st and I'm so so so so so so happy they're finally moving!!!

I think you'll get yours in October. I know two more people from that date (April 1st). You are so close. I bet you'll hear something in the next 2 weeks.  

does anyone know what are the possibilities of the consulate shutting down again due to covid? I've been trying to keep up with Quebec news but I haven't seen  if they'll do targeted shut downs like Ontario or if they'll completely shut down everything like they did back in march 

Edited by Alexag

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.