travusb

K1s being rescheduled

241 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Chica&Ace said:

Is there a reason for only one date in December for K1 interviews?

I have no idea. I’m thinking they’re using December to focus on spousal cases since they focused heavily on K1 cases in previous months. That’s why I’m hoping in January they focus on both K1 and CR1/IR1 like they did pre-Covid

Timeline
On 12/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, pooj97 said:

Expect to have a long wait. My case was approved in early April and has been at NVC ever since. NVC has said they still have not heard from Montreal about requesting new K1 cases but since Montreal has finished all rescheduled interviews and almost finished K1 interviews for cases that reached the consulate before Covid, I’m feeling kinda hopeful for January. They’ve definitely slowed down compared to the rate at whcih they were scheduling interviews in Sept - mid Nov but since November 16th they have not given out new dates for K1 interviews. I’m praying that they get started again soon

Did you receive the packet 3 or will that come after the embassy gets your case?

Timeline
2 hours ago, harkirath said:

Did you receive the packet 3 or will that come after the embassy gets your case?

My case moved to In Transit on Tuesday and is on the way to the embassy. I think once it reaches there, we get Ready status and then packet 3 comes after that

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

My case moved to In Transit on Tuesday and is on the way to the embassy. I think once it reaches there, we get Ready status and then packet 3 comes after that

When was your case recorded with NVC? Back in April or is that when you got the NOA2?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chica&Ace said:

November 2020 numbers...

Hoping for good news soon. 🙂

4405049D-5B23-4D97-BFC8-DA71AA5E7C27.jpeg

My case actually got transferred to the Montreal consulate and changed to Ready status this past Tuesday. I’m really excited!! However, I haven’t yet heard of any K1 interviews scheduled for January which really worries me. I know people who submitted their P3’s on November 12th but have yet to receive P4 or an interview date :( I don’t know why they’ve paused. The last date they gave for K1 interviews was Dec 7th while spousals got scheduled for January interviews last Friday

Edited by pooj97

Timeline
7 hours ago, Chica&Ace said:

November 2020 numbers...

Hoping for good news soon. 🙂

4405049D-5B23-4D97-BFC8-DA71AA5E7C27.jpeg

Where can I find a link to this document? Do you mind sharing the source?

A: AB, Canada 
S: NJ, USA

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

2015 Dec 21 - First met online 💗

2016 Jun 25 - First meeting in real life (NYC)

2016 Aug 04 - Officially become a couple  💗

2016 Sep 02 - First official meeting in person as couple

~ about 20 meetings in person since then til Feb 2020 after that ~

2020 Feb 18 - Sent I-129F Petition

2020 Feb 21 - I-129F delivery confirmed; case received by USCIS

2020 Feb 25 - Received e-notification
2020 Feb 26 - NOA1 (received on Mar 02)

2020 Jul 30 - 2 week visit in US

2020 Sep 15 - NOA2  (received Sep 21)

2020 Dec 14 - 3 week visit in US

2021 May 25 - In Transit to Consulate

2021 Jun 21 - Received P3 letter (dated Jun 14)

2021 Aug 03 - Medical (Toronto, Dr Mascarenhas)

2021 Aug 25 - Interview date (Montreal), Approved! (Review)

2021 Aug 28 - Passport + visa received 

2021 Sep 26 - POE Toronto (Review)

☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️  ☁️☁️

AOE

2021 Nov 08 - Filed I-485

2021 Nov 13 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

2022 Dec 17 - I-485 approved

2022 Dec 28 - Card produced

Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, Amiezing said:

Where can I find a link to this document? Do you mind sharing the source?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/nonimmigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-nonimmigrant-visa-issuances.html

Timeline

A: AB, Canada 
S: NJ, USA

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

2015 Dec 21 - First met online 💗

2016 Jun 25 - First meeting in real life (NYC)

2016 Aug 04 - Officially become a couple  💗

2016 Sep 02 - First official meeting in person as couple

~ about 20 meetings in person since then til Feb 2020 after that ~

2020 Feb 18 - Sent I-129F Petition

2020 Feb 21 - I-129F delivery confirmed; case received by USCIS

2020 Feb 25 - Received e-notification
2020 Feb 26 - NOA1 (received on Mar 02)

2020 Jul 30 - 2 week visit in US

2020 Sep 15 - NOA2  (received Sep 21)

2020 Dec 14 - 3 week visit in US

2021 May 25 - In Transit to Consulate

2021 Jun 21 - Received P3 letter (dated Jun 14)

2021 Aug 03 - Medical (Toronto, Dr Mascarenhas)

2021 Aug 25 - Interview date (Montreal), Approved! (Review)

2021 Aug 28 - Passport + visa received 

2021 Sep 26 - POE Toronto (Review)

☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️ ☁️ ☁️ ☁️☁️☁️☁️  ☁️☁️

AOE

2021 Nov 08 - Filed I-485

2021 Nov 13 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

2022 Dec 17 - I-485 approved

2022 Dec 28 - Card produced

Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, pooj97 said:

My case actually got transferred to the Montreal consulate and changed to Ready status this past Tuesday. I’m really excited!! However, I haven’t yet heard of any K1 interviews scheduled for January which really worries me. I know people who submitted their P3’s on November 12th but have yet to receive P4 or an interview date :( I don’t know why they’ve paused. The last date they gave for K1 interviews was Dec 7th while spousals got scheduled for January interviews last Friday

Hoping for the best. Keep us posted.👍🏻

Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 2:52 PM, pooj97 said:

Is P3 something that they mail out to you? Or is it an e-mail that you receive? Once you complete it and send it back to them, that is when they send the P4 and interview dates? Is that email or regular mail?

3 hours ago, harkirath said:

Is P3 something that they mail out to you? Or is it an e-mail that you receive? Once you complete it and send it back to them, that is when they send the P4 and interview dates? Is that email or regular mail?

P3 is usually an email they send but I think it also came in mail pre-Covid. I think now they’re just sending by email to move things faster. Once we complete that, then yes they send P4 and give an interview date also by email

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 12:26 PM, travusb said:

Has this been updated recently?

Hoping that it just hasnt and that good things are in fact actually happening...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chipper15 said:

Has this been updated recently?

Hoping that it just hasnt and that good things are in fact actually happening...

The last bit of movement I've seen was some cases went from the NVC to the Embassy on Dec 8, but no interviews have been scheduled as far as we know since mid November. I wish the embassy would me more transparent with the process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.