Stein

HCMC Consulate cranking it up

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In June they approved a combined 66 CR1 and IR1 interviews.  July they approved 400!  This is in comparison to 200, 125 and 250 for December, January and February before COVID shutdown.  This makes sense because they are only doing CR1/IR1 right now.  They should be moving rather quickly through the backlog for CR1/IR1.

Here's the link if you want to look back over history to see what was approved each month.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Edited by Stein

Timeline
13 hours ago, Stein said:

In June they approved a combined 66 CR1 and IR1 interviews.  July they approved 400!  This is in comparison to 200, 125 and 250 for December, January and February before COVID shutdown.  This makes sense because they are only doing CR1/IR1 right now.  They should be moving rather quickly through the backlog for CR1/IR1.

Here's the link if you want to look back over history to see what was approved each month.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

That great news! Did you receive an interview date yet?

I'm waiting for the interview dates for my wife's parents too. Last NOA was in February, right before Covid. We have not heard since :(. 

Is there a way we can check our status? We have friends that got the NOA after us and already received the interview date.

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jho369 said:

I'm waiting for the interview dates for my wife's parents too. Last NOA was in February, right before Covid. We have not heard since :(. 

Is there a way we can check our status? We have friends that got the NOA after us and already received the interview date.

Wife's parents are going to be waiting for a while.  Only CR1/2 or IR1/2 cases are being interviewed right now, so only spouse or children of spouse.

Timeline
12 hours ago, DTX75089 said:

That great news! Did you receive an interview date yet?

Not yet.  Earlier thread said late May DQ's got interviews for September and mine is June 1 so probably any time.  I'm going to cancel my interview if it is scheduled for this year and postpone until January.  We aren't moving to the US until this coming school year is done in June 2021 so I don't want an interview this year.

9 hours ago, Stein said:

Not yet.  Earlier thread said late May DQ's got interviews for September and mine is June 1 so probably any time.  I'm going to cancel my interview if it is scheduled for this year and postpone until January.  We aren't moving to the US until this coming school year is done in June 2021 so I don't want an interview this year.

I wish you could sell your slot, I'm sure many of us would pay! haha

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Justin & Nhi said:

I wish you could sell your slot, I'm sure many of us would pay! haha

Well, as soon as I get it and after I cancel it I'll post it here with a time and date.  Perhaps they will let someone bump into that slot if they specifically ask for it.  I have no idea but it might be worth a try.

At worst they will automatically move someone up so everyone waiting will get a bump +1 in the line.  But if they contine moving more than double the normal interviews I can't imagine anyone that is DQ at present couldn't have an opportunity to interview and be home for Christmas if they want to.

Timeline
On 8/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, Stein said:

Thanks for posting 

20 hours ago, Stein said:

lol... goodluck there buddy.

once the 2nd wave hits in the next month or two, everything will get shut down for good again, and this time, they will NOT re-open up... be lucky to even get an interview in 2022...

opportunity has knocked on your door and you are refusing it. there are so many people who wish they could have your interview right now..

our NOA2 for K1 was in feb 2020 and we didnt even get an interview date because of the virus, but somehow i managed to get us expedited interview for mid june and we passed. we landed in the US in july. we literally flew to the US exactly 1 day after we got the visa in hand. that is how dire the situation is right now. yet you are thinking everything will be sunshine and rainbows in the next year, lol.

those people who had interviews in march are still stuck in vietnam.... my wife and i are one the luckiest people who managed to get an interview before those who had interviews in march.

like i said before, you will be even lucky to get an interview in 2022 once the 2nd wave hits

Edited by travisgarretson11

Timeline
4 hours ago, travisgarretson11 said:

like i said before, you will be even lucky to get an interview in 2022 once the 2nd wave hits

LOL, fear monger much?  2022? 

I'll take my chances.  I live here and work here in Vietnam for my US company so it doesn't really matter to me.  Should there for some reason be a significant enough reason for a delay I'd probably rather be here than US anyway so no worries either way.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
19 hours ago, Justin & Nhi said:

Finally posted the August numbers. Down to 280 CR1/IR1 for August. 

I saw that.  They had another 140 or so CR2/IR2 interviews as well.  I don't know how much that influences things.  I suspect some or most of those are done in conjuction with CR1/IR1 interviews but could be standalone interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.