28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 7:18 AM, USA-GermanyLove said:

I filed my I-131 together with I-485 and I-765 in March, my NOA1 was on April 14th. When did you file? 

I did ask, but she wouldn´t let me do it. She said I would just have to come back.

Hi

I got my biometrics appointment for I-485 and I-765 today. My I-131 application is not mentioned in the appointment letter. Since you experienced a similar situation 6 months ago, I wonder if you went for two seperate biometrics appointments or one appointment (even though I 131 was not mentioned as a case) was sufficient. Thank you for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexFB1907 said:

Hi

I got my biometrics appointment for I-485 and I-765 today. My I-131 application is not mentioned in the appointment letter. Since you experienced a similar situation 6 months ago, I wonder if you went for two seperate biometrics appointments or one appointment (even though I 131 was not mentioned as a case) was sufficient. Thank you for your help.

Hello

Unfortunately, I had to go to a second biometrics appointment about 3 weeks later, but after that second appointment, my EAD card came very quickly.

Best of luck to you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexFB1907 said:

Hi

I131 for advance parole does not require biometrics 

YMMV

Timeline
25 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I131 for advance parole does not require biometrics 

I requested an expedited process a few days ago and I got a mail from USCIS today. In the mail it says that my I-131 application is on hold because they need my biometrics. Hence, I-131 for advanced parole do require biometrics. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AlexFB1907 said:

I requested an expedited process a few days ago and I got a mail from USCIS today. In the mail it says that my I-131 application is on hold because they need my biometrics. Hence, I-131 for advanced parole do require 

Hence you are wrong.  The i765 requires biometrics if they are going to issue a combination card. 

An i131 issued all by itself is merely a piece of paper that doesn't contain any biometrics on it.

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Hence you are wrong.  The i765 requires biometrics if they are going to issue a combination card. 

An i131 issued all by itself is merely a piece of paper that doesn't contain any biometrics on it.

I am not trying to be right or wrong. I am just stating what is written in the mail. My understanding based on the mail is that  I-131 did not require biometrics when it was just a piece of paper. Now they require biometrics because a combo card is issued. I read all the forums at VJ and many people confirm two appointments for biometrics. 

Edited by AlexFB1907

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlexFB1907 said:

I am not trying to be right or wrong. I am just stating what is written in the mail. My understanding based on the mail is that  I-131 did not require biometrics when it was just a piece of paper. Now they require biometrics because a combo card is issued. I read all the forums at VJ and many people confirm two appointments for biometrics. 

We had one appointment.   Period.  The appointment notice only referenced the i485 and i765.  If two appointments were needed then she should never have received her card.

In addition, many of those people you reference have reported going to the second appointment and being told it was an error.  

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

We had one appointment.   Period.  The appointment notice only referenced the i485 and i765.  If two appointments were needed then she should never have received her card.

In addition, many of those people you reference have reported going to the second appointment and being told it was an error.  

2 hours ago, USA-GermanyLove said:

Hello

Unfortunately, I had to go to a second biometrics appointment about 3 weeks later, but after that second appointment, my EAD card came very quickly.

Best of luck to you

I really hope that you are right But as you can see in the reply above, the user had to go to the second appointment for I-131. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, AlexFB1907 said:

I really hope that you are right But as you can see in the reply above, the user had to go to the second appointment for I-131. 

USCIS was particularly bad ever since July or August regarding unnecessary second appointments.  Biometrics is only taken one time and simply copied amongst all applications that require it.  On many occasions,  VJ members reported back that the ASC did in fact tell them they did not have to come back a second time.  Unfortunately, (and understandably so),  people are scared to do anything but follow the erroneous information from the uscis. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
27 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Two appointments were needed - and then I received my combo card. But thanks for being so friendly and overall helpful, you little ray of sunshine in this thread. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, USA-GermanyLove said:

Two appointments were needed - and then I received my combo card. But thanks for being so friendly and overall helpful, you little ray of sunshine in this thread. 

You were scheduled for two appointments but only one was needed.  Subtle but important difference.   It is possible your second appointment was a redo because the first didn't "take" or it was an error. 

In fact. If you have recent biometrics on file from a totally different application, the USCIS  has been known to use the "on file" biometrics rather than have the applicant come in again and again and again.   

YMMV

Timeline
7 hours ago, payxibka said:

You were scheduled for two appointments but only one was needed.  Subtle but important difference.   It is possible your second appointment was a redo because the first didn't "take" or it was an error. 

In fact. If you have recent biometrics on file from a totally different application, the USCIS  has been known to use the "on file" biometrics rather than have the applicant come in again and again and again.   

It doesn’t matter what is „needed“ in your opinion, if USCIS tells me I need 2 appointments, I need to go to both appointments. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, USA-GermanyLove said:

It doesn’t matter what is „needed“ in your opinion, if USCIS tells me I need 2 appointments, I need to go to both appointments. 

It doesn't matter what is needed in your opinion.   99% of applicants go to ONE appointment.   Your experience was an outlier and not the norm.  

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.