HulkySun

I-129F question 43 - Have you ever filed form i129f - Previous DCF confusion

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

So when I answered this question, I answered honestly

I-129F question 43 - Have you ever filed form i129f for any other beneficiary?  I answered NO. I answered no because I never before did fill out form I-129f and its my first time doing k1 fiancee. Is this correct if I did some years ago DCF process at the foreign country US embassy for a spousal visa which included a I-130 ?   

Also When I have to do I-134 later for k1 interview asks:

22a.  I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) :   If I am answering honestly the answer is none ?  Because when I did DCF years ago it was my family member who submitted and signed the I-864  and I am nowhere on that AOS.  Correct?

Again on the I-134 question 26a.

I have submitted a visa petition(s) toU.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (if none write none) -  Again if answering honestly, I would write none because the DCF process I did years ago for my spouse was done at the consulate / embassy which this process does NOT submit that visa petition to USCIS. 

Is this correct?  Kindly thanks!

36 minutes ago, HulkySun said:

Hello!

So when I answered this question, I answered honestly

I-129F question 43 - Have you ever filed form i129f for any other beneficiary?  I answered NO. I answered no because I never before did fill out form I-129f and its my first time doing k1 fiancee. Is this correct if I did some years ago DCF process at the foreign country US embassy for a spousal visa which included a I-130 ?   Correct.

Also When I have to do I-134 later for k1 interview asks:

22a.  I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s) :   If I am answering honestly the answer is none ?  Because when I did DCF years ago it was my family member who submitted and signed the I-864  and I am nowhere on that AOS.  Correct?  Are you sure?  Because the petitioner is always the primary sponsor, even if a joint sponsor is used.

Again on the I-134 question 26a.

I have submitted a visa petition(s) toU.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (if none write none) -  Again if answering honestly, I would write none because the DCF process I did years ago for my spouse was done at the consulate / embassy which this process does NOT submit that visa petition to USCIS.  Incorrect.  DCF is done through the USCIS offices at embassies.

Is this correct?  Kindly thanks!

• 3 months later...

So I"m bumping this back up as I am waiting for NOA2 any day now for K1 Visa Fiance. I am working on i-134 and I am fully sponsoring her.    Very Confused.

My history is: Born in USA and citizen. I lived in Europe as dual resident for 10 years. I am back in USA for 4 years. Before moving back I did DCF DIRECT CONSULATE FILING for my spouse to come with me to USA (remember we both are living abroad). on the forms I did not have employment and did not file any taxes for the last 3 years as I didn't make enough.  My father did the I-864 checking off "I am the only joint sponsor" and Yes to "I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in part 2.   Then his wife did the I-864a

This was for my Ex as we are now divorced for few years.  Since I did not have work, income, taxes back then, I don't remember that I did or didn't put forward I-864? 

So my questions are: for I-134

1. Based on the above info, am I financially responsible for my ex wife if still living in USA in case she needs, or is my father since they went off his financials /income?

2. for the I-134 for my now fiance, what do I put on Part 3 22a ?? Did I previously submit AOS ? and put my Ex Wife here? Even when my father was her full Joint sponsor ?

3. for the part 3 section: "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons:"  Do I put my ex wife here? and then also my new Fiance?   and if yes... how would I then answer number 38?

thank you for any help 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.  You did complete the I-864 (along with your father)

2.  You did submit AOS previously.  (see #1)

3.  You put the EX here.   Your fiancee info is listed in PART 2

Doesn't really matter how you complete question 38,  you could leave it blank.    You decide.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.