James liu

Case number for K2

13 posts in this topic

Hi

When I called NVC, I was only provided for one case number for my fiancée visa but I listed her kid who is 12 years old when I submitted the I-129F form to USCIS. I was being told the kid will accompany my fiancée whenever she goes for interview. But how can I pay for visa fee of her child if I only have one case number? Shouldn’t I’ve provided with two case numbers so I can use separate case numbers to pay for visa fees? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, James liu said:

Hi

When I called NVC, I was only provided for one case number for my fiancée visa but I listed her kid who is 12 years old when I submitted the I-129F form to USCIS. I was being told the kid will accompany my fiancée whenever she goes for interview. But how can I pay for visa fee of her child if I only have one case number? Shouldn’t I’ve provided with two case numbers so I can use separate case numbers to pay for visa fees? 

Your fiancee is MNL ########### -1 the k2 is -2

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your fiancee is MNL ########### -1 the k2 is -2

Hi,

thank you for replying back. Will I be able to see two case numbers once NVC shows “ready” on the case status? And do I have to wait until it shows”ready” to pay for visa fees or I can pay visa fees right now for my k1 and k2 with this one case number being provided by NVC

Timeline
2 minutes ago, James liu said:

Hi,

thank you for replying back. Will I be able to see two case numbers once NVC shows “ready” on the case status? And do I have to wait until it shows”ready” to pay for visa fees or I can pay visa fees right now for my k1 and k2 with this one case number being provided by NVC

You can pay anytime, however nobody knows when Manila will resume normal processing.  Considering Manila took a step backwards in quarantine,  I wouldn't expect it anytime soon 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You can pay anytime, however nobody knows when Manila will resume normal processing.  Considering Manila took a step backwards in quarantine,  I wouldn't expect it anytime soon 

Oh ok. I can pay visa fees for each person(k1,k2) with just one case number provided by NVC? Or I have to wait until I get two case number ? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, James liu said:

Oh ok. I can pay visa fees for each person(k1,k2) with just one case number provided by NVC? Or I have to wait until I get two case number ? 

You have the information to differentiate the two case numbers for fee payment.   You are not supposed to schedule the interview until ceac reports ready.  Since you are still at NVC,  there are 5 months of petitions in the queue in front of you 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, James liu said:

Make sure you don't pay a lump sum. You need a receipt for each person. My fiancée has two kids, so I'm paying three payments of $265. 

Timeline

Timeline
3 hours ago, James liu said:

Hi, 

do you pay all three with the same case number?

One case number per petition.   A k2 does NOT get there own case number.  They are a derivative of the k1, thus the hyphenation after the k1 number 

YMMV

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, payxibka said:

One case number per petition.   A k2 does NOT get there own case number.  They are a derivative of the k1, thus the hyphenation after the k1 number 

You don't need the mnl case number when paying the visa fee, do you?  I know you need a separate deposit slip for each person, but I don't see anything on the slip or instructions asking about NVC case number. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

You don't need the mnl case number when paying the visa fee, do you?  I know you need a separate deposit slip for each person, but I don't see anything on the slip or instructions asking about NVC case number. 

You need a  separate deposit slip each with a unique deposit number 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.