Allovertheworld

Flying to Philippines - How many quarantines?

9 posts in this topic

Sending a friend mother back home to PI today USA, she has been here close about 9 months on a Tourist Visa.  She will have to endure 14 days quarantine and Covid Swab in Manila.

Then catch a flight to Davao City and I guess she gets to quarantine there, for how many days I will find out once she get there.

Then she will travel to her city 40 minutes, I wonder if the mayor will make her quarantine there?  And then onto her house.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Sending a friend mother back home to PI today USA, she has been here close about 9 months on a Tourist Visa.  She will have to endure 14 days quarantine and Covid Swab in Manila.

Then catch a flight to Davao City and I guess she gets to quarantine there, for how many days I will find out once she get there.

Then she will travel to her city 40 minutes, I wonder if the mayor will make her quarantine there?  And then onto her house.

my wife's cousin just went through Manila and only endured quarantine until he received a negative swab result,  then was allowed to go home 

YMMV

6 hours ago, payxibka said:

my wife's cousin just went through Manila and only endured quarantine until he received a negative swab result,  then was allowed to go home 

Was his home in Manila area?

They are being told 14 day quarantine regardless of swab test, but you know how the communication is in Philippines.  

The latest status was quarantine in Manila until the negative test which was taking about 2-3 days, however Manila and the surrounding provinces have just gone back to MECQ until at least August 18th.  Im not sure how that will effect incoming international passengers.  Expect some confusion when she arrives. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

26 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

The latest status was quarantine in Manila until the negative test which was taking about 2-3 days, however Manila and the surrounding provinces have just gone back to MECQ until at least August 18th.  Im not sure how that will effect incoming international passengers.  Expect some confusion when she arrives. 

My wife told me her sister who is working in Manila, her house mate and the the boyfriend drove like 12 hours to their home province called Isabella.  They got there no problem, once they got to the city they were told they would have to quarantine, they ended up driving back to Manila wasted 24 hours of life.

1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

My wife told me her sister who is working in Manila, her house mate and the the boyfriend drove like 12 hours to their home province called Isabella.  They got there no problem, once they got to the city they were told they would have to quarantine, they ended up driving back to Manila wasted 24 hours of life.

Yes, doesnt surprise me.  Everything is all messed up right now.  It seems every province goes to a different quarantine level and within each province, even cities and barangays could have their own quarantine requirements.  Its impossible to really know what is the true situation and is all a massive cluster $#%$.  The last I have heard is 2-3 days quarantine until negative test, but this could change at a moments notice.  Isabela may have had a higher risk and coming from that province to Manila could have been means to quarantine whereas coming from Zambales or Cagayan or something would have been low risk and not needing to quarantine.  The system there isnt working, leads to mass confusion.  Some barangays are on ECQ (I guess barangay captain made their own rules) in a city with MECQ but in a province with GCQ. :) :) :) :)  

I want to get back in the next month or so but just trying to hold out until there is some more consistent information, if ever that would happen.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes, doesnt surprise me.  Everything is all messed up right now.  It seems every province goes to a different quarantine level and within each province, even cities and barangays could have their own quarantine requirements.  Its impossible to really know what is the true situation and is all a massive cluster $#%$.  The last I have heard is 2-3 days quarantine until negative test, but this could change at a moments notice.  Isabela may have had a higher risk and coming from that province to Manila could have been means to quarantine whereas coming from Zambales or Cagayan or something would have been low risk and not needing to quarantine.  The system there isnt working, leads to mass confusion.  Some barangays are on ECQ (I guess barangay captain made their own rules) in a city with MECQ but in a province with GCQ. :) :) :) :)  

I want to get back in the next month or so but just trying to hold out until there is some more consistent information, if ever that would happen.  

I have a trip booked for later this month, I booked like in October of last year, I am sure it will be canned.  Plus no way am I going to Philippines and get quarantined.  Plus most if not all the night life is closed down, I would be bored out of my mind there.

15 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I have a trip booked for later this month, I booked like in October of last year, I am sure it will be canned.  Plus no way am I going to Philippines and get quarantined.  Plus most if not all the night life is closed down, I would be bored out of my mind there.

The below link is about as detailed as you can get on the current process.  It looks like the quarantine on waiting for the test results will only be 1-2 days, but then once you get to your destination, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days. :)  

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/naia-manila-airport-arrival/?fbclid=IwAR14F1TEwGtuUvlwCimmdRmxYyGrI9b1cHMX0f9ceS1Mcrv9YrKDjIG_H6g

3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

The below link is about as detailed as you can get on the current process.  It looks like the quarantine on waiting for the test results will only be 1-2 days, but then once you get to your destination, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days. :)  

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/naia-manila-airport-arrival/?fbclid=IwAR14F1TEwGtuUvlwCimmdRmxYyGrI9b1cHMX0f9ceS1Mcrv9YrKDjIG_H6g

What a Pain

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.