Jump to content
Allovertheworld

Flying to Philippines - How many quarantines?

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sending a friend mother back home to PI today USA, she has been here close about 9 months on a Tourist Visa.  She will have to endure 14 days quarantine and Covid Swab in Manila.

 

Then catch a flight to Davao City and I guess she gets to quarantine there, for how many days I will find out once she get there.

 

Then she will travel to her city 40 minutes, I wonder if the mayor will make her quarantine there?  And then onto her house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Sending a friend mother back home to PI today USA, she has been here close about 9 months on a Tourist Visa.  She will have to endure 14 days quarantine and Covid Swab in Manila.

 

Then catch a flight to Davao City and I guess she gets to quarantine there, for how many days I will find out once she get there.

 

Then she will travel to her city 40 minutes, I wonder if the mayor will make her quarantine there?  And then onto her house.

my wife's cousin just went through Manila and only endured quarantine until he received a negative swab result,  then was allowed to go home 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, payxibka said:

my wife's cousin just went through Manila and only endured quarantine until he received a negative swab result,  then was allowed to go home 

Was his home in Manila area?

 

They are being told 14 day quarantine regardless of swab test, but you know how the communication is in Philippines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest status was quarantine in Manila until the negative test which was taking about 2-3 days, however Manila and the surrounding provinces have just gone back to MECQ until at least August 18th.  Im not sure how that will effect incoming international passengers.  Expect some confusion when she arrives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

The latest status was quarantine in Manila until the negative test which was taking about 2-3 days, however Manila and the surrounding provinces have just gone back to MECQ until at least August 18th.  Im not sure how that will effect incoming international passengers.  Expect some confusion when she arrives. 

My wife told me her sister who is working in Manila, her house mate and the the boyfriend drove like 12 hours to their home province called Isabella.  They got there no problem, once they got to the city they were told they would have to quarantine, they ended up driving back to Manila wasted 24 hours of life.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Allovertheworld said:

My wife told me her sister who is working in Manila, her house mate and the the boyfriend drove like 12 hours to their home province called Isabella.  They got there no problem, once they got to the city they were told they would have to quarantine, they ended up driving back to Manila wasted 24 hours of life.

 

 

Yes, doesnt surprise me.  Everything is all messed up right now.  It seems every province goes to a different quarantine level and within each province, even cities and barangays could have their own quarantine requirements.  Its impossible to really know what is the true situation and is all a massive cluster $#%$.  The last I have heard is 2-3 days quarantine until negative test, but this could change at a moments notice.  Isabela may have had a higher risk and coming from that province to Manila could have been means to quarantine whereas coming from Zambales or Cagayan or something would have been low risk and not needing to quarantine.  The system there isnt working, leads to mass confusion.  Some barangays are on ECQ (I guess barangay captain made their own rules) in a city with MECQ but in a province with GCQ. :) :) :) :)  

 

I want to get back in the next month or so but just trying to hold out until there is some more consistent information, if ever that would happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes, doesnt surprise me.  Everything is all messed up right now.  It seems every province goes to a different quarantine level and within each province, even cities and barangays could have their own quarantine requirements.  Its impossible to really know what is the true situation and is all a massive cluster $#%$.  The last I have heard is 2-3 days quarantine until negative test, but this could change at a moments notice.  Isabela may have had a higher risk and coming from that province to Manila could have been means to quarantine whereas coming from Zambales or Cagayan or something would have been low risk and not needing to quarantine.  The system there isnt working, leads to mass confusion.  Some barangays are on ECQ (I guess barangay captain made their own rules) in a city with MECQ but in a province with GCQ. :) :) :) :)  

 

I want to get back in the next month or so but just trying to hold out until there is some more consistent information, if ever that would happen.  

I have a trip booked for later this month, I booked like in October of last year, I am sure it will be canned.  Plus no way am I going to Philippines and get quarantined.  Plus most if not all the night life is closed down, I would be bored out of my mind there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I have a trip booked for later this month, I booked like in October of last year, I am sure it will be canned.  Plus no way am I going to Philippines and get quarantined.  Plus most if not all the night life is closed down, I would be bored out of my mind there.

The below link is about as detailed as you can get on the current process.  It looks like the quarantine on waiting for the test results will only be 1-2 days, but then once you get to your destination, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days. :)  

 

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/naia-manila-airport-arrival/?fbclid=IwAR14F1TEwGtuUvlwCimmdRmxYyGrI9b1cHMX0f9ceS1Mcrv9YrKDjIG_H6g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

The below link is about as detailed as you can get on the current process.  It looks like the quarantine on waiting for the test results will only be 1-2 days, but then once you get to your destination, you will be required to quarantine for 14 days. :)  

 

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07/naia-manila-airport-arrival/?fbclid=IwAR14F1TEwGtuUvlwCimmdRmxYyGrI9b1cHMX0f9ceS1Mcrv9YrKDjIG_H6g

What a Pain

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...