Max2

Mailed RFE to CSC P.O. Box

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received an RFE for my K1 petition on June 7. I mailed the information requested as well as all the supporting documents on June 15 using the envelop they provided. I send it in using a U.S. Post Office with certified with return receipt. As of yet I have not received the notification of delivery. I used the provided Post Office tracking number to check the status online and all it tells me about the status is: Arrival at Unit.

Now, I only live 50 miles away from California Service Center. So, one would assume that it would take a lot less time to deliver a certified letter and get a receipt back. Has anyone sent an RFE using a certified mail to CSC P.O Box? If so, how long did it take before you received the notification of delivery? In other words, do I have a reason to be worried that the letter might have been lost?

Thanks,

Max.

Thanks,

Max.

Petition for first fiancée visa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006-01-31 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2006-01-31 - NOA1

2006-04-25 - It became clear that our relationship wound not work-out

2006-05-02 - NOA2

2006-05-12 - My attorney advised me that no further action regarding the withdrawal of the approved petition is required.

2006-09-01 - NOA2 expired and she never set foot on U.S. soil

Petition for second fiancée visa (not the same woman as the first)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-02-28 - Sent I-129F to California Service Center

2007-03-08 - NOA1

2007-06-07 - Recieved Intend to Deny (IMBRA). - Request for waiver of limitation

2007-06-15 - Mailed in the request for waiver as well as the supporting documents

2007-06-20 - CSC Received package

2007-06-28 - Touched

2007-06-29 - NOA2 was approved

2007-07-05 - Received NOA2

2007-07-10 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-18 - Called CSC - waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-23 - Called NVC - They have not received the package yet

2007-07-24 - Called CSC - The file is in waiting to be shipped to NVC

2007-07-26 - Called NVC and was told that they received the package yesterday and was sent to the embassy today

2007-08-04 - Interview date is set for 09/04/2007

2007-09-04 - Interview went very well and told her to return tomorrow and pickup her passport and visa

2007-09-05 - Told her there is a technical difficulty and the embassy will contact her when the visa is ready

2007-09-14 - She finally received her visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Did you send it just certified first class mail? I don't believe that has a guarantee of a delivery date there. For example, if you sent it express mail overnight, you would have had guarantee of next day delivery.

Although most of the time the post office is quick, every now and again, some mail takes a long time to arrive.

best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

don't worry... you'll be fine... look at my sig...

I sent it with signature confirmation through priority mail. Once received, it will take them a few days to get your returned evidence to where it should be.

-------------------------CR-1-------------------------

02/23/2007 ----- I-130 sent to CSC

03/01/2007 ----- NOA-1 date

06/07/2007 ----- Touched ! (Please... not an RFE)

06/11/2007 ----- UPDATE (Received RFE today...sent evidence back same day)

06/12/2007 ----- Touched ! (come on... I sent the info. already. What now?)

06/13/2007 ----- RFE accepted in Laguna Niguel; signed by V. Semegi

06/21/2007 ----- UPDATE - Response to RFE received; Case processing resumed

07/09/2007 ----- APPROVAL NOTICE SENT !!!

07/23/2007 ----- NVC starts case processing

------------------- Jame's Shortcuts in Progress ;)

10/16/2007 ----- CASE COMPLETE !!! ...Finally

10/25/2007 ----- CASE FORWARDED TO MUMBAI !!!

12/04/2007 ----- INTERVIEW PACKET !!!

01/24/2008 ----- VISA GRANTED!!!............PASSPORT IN HAND !!! :)

01/30/2008 ----- ARRIVAL TO U.S !!! :)

12/30/2009 ----- I-751 sent

THANK YOU to all the wonderful VJ'rs for their help and concern... It would have been difficult without you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am exactly a month behind you but received no acknowledgement from CSC, but Bank of America shows they cashed my $170 check thats for sure. USABrazil

I received an RFE for my K1 petition on June 7. I mailed the information requested as well as all the supporting documents on June 15 using the envelop they provided. I send it in using a U.S. Post Office with certified with return receipt. As of yet I have not received the notification of delivery. I used the provided Post Office tracking number to check the status online and all it tells me about the status is: Arrival at Unit.

Now, I only live 50 miles away from California Service Center. So, one would assume that it would take a lot less time to deliver a certified letter and get a receipt back. Has anyone sent an RFE using a certified mail to CSC P.O Box? If so, how long did it take before you received the notification of delivery? In other words, do I have a reason to be worried that the letter might have been lost?

Thanks,

Max.

Thanks,

Max.

June 8 they revieved it

June 18 '07 check cashed got WAC#

No NOA1, touches, or progress given

NOA2 approved Oct 17

NOA2 card copy in mail Oct 20 (Surprise to us)

Package sent from USCIS to NVC Nov 7. (called USCIS to get this)

Nov 15, I got email at 6:57pm that our package was sent to Rio from NVC.

DON"T WAIT FOR THEM TO SEND ANYTHING, CALL AND MAKE SURE THEY GOT IT.

IF THEY DO, GO AHEAD AND SEND IN ds230,ds2001, the pics, and copy of passport

USE SEDEX AND GET THE TRACKING NUMBER.

Interview Set: Jan 29. Found this out on the embassy website under VISA's. It shows a list of visa types including K1 and shows the interview dates.

Visa granted but they mailed it using their own package delivery service. Took a week. Have money when you go to the appointment. They may also make you go and get more photos taken if they dont like the pics you bring. Just relax and dress wark because they keep the place really cold. Make sure your financials mmet the criteria or they will eat you alive.

MARRIED March 22. Sent in $1,010 in fees to Chicago to get change of status, apply for advanced parole, and ability to work documentation. Things work faster now.

May 22'08: Biometrics appointment in Santa Barbara.

See Adriana's fashion designs at Myspace.com/byAdri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.