Mjaf

AOS I-864 help required

14 posts in this topic

Hi

Im a newbie here and currently My case is at the stage of submitting an AOS, can any expert here kindly guide me about  if a petitioner sponsor is retired and residing in adult married child’s residence permanently , can that child be added  as either the one who join his income with petitioner (since he lives in the same residence as the petitioner) or a joint sponsor? Is there any preference in eyes of immigration law to add a household member’s income  to meet the requirement or adding a joint Sponsor ? Would going for any can affect the decision? 

also if anyone knows that getting an IRS online is free of cost process or if there is any fee then how much it is? 

any lead in that is highly appreciated . Thanks.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

The sponsor’s adult son can be a joint sponsor.

IRS online transcripts are free of cost.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

51 minutes ago, onek said:

The sponsor’s adult son can be a joint sponsor.

IRS online transcripts are free of cost.

Thank you for your response finally got someone replied to this post of mine 😌 do you think Yes a joint sponsor would be preferred or adding as a household member? 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Not as a household  member unless they filing tax together.

Joint if sponsor doesn’t make enough income.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

yes he can be added as a household member, using the i864A because they live in the same residence and they are immediate relatives, he will need to send proof of relationship, which is copy of the birth certificate and  proof of correspondence or something that proves that both live at the same residence

the petitioner always will file the i864 and his son the i864A

On 8/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, onek said:

Not as a household  member unless they filing tax together.

Joint if sponsor doesn’t make enough income.

Thanks a lot. Do you think if there Is any sort of preference they give in any way regarding having blood related joint sponsor as compare to just related by law  ....regardless how much more joint sponsor fulfills the FPG than the required ?

On 8/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, aleful said:

hi

yes he can be added as a household member, using the i864A because they live in the same residence and they are immediate relatives, he will need to send proof of relationship, which is copy of the birth certificate and  proof of correspondence or something that proves that both live at the same residence

the petitioner always will file the i864 and his son the i864A

Thanks. Yes . But would it matter since here the petitioner lives with his married son not vice versa? 

Timeline

hi, 

if he's married that's different. you didn't mention he was married,  in that case, his son would file another i864 because probably request that his wife file the i864A as they file taxes together

if his son would have been single, then not a problem

On 8/8/2020 at 5:26 AM, aleful said:

hi, 

if he's married that's different. you didn't mention he was married,  in that case, his son would file another i864 because probably request that his wife file the i864A as they file taxes together

if his son would have been single, then not a problem

Thanks for  the further clarification . I remember mentioning about a married son though, apologies if I weren’t clear enough.

Timeline

hi

yes you did, my bad for not reading it correctly, my fault

so, to sum it up again, no i864A for his son, 

another i864 as his joint sponsor, and the i864A for his wife

24 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

yes you did, my bad for not reading it correctly, my fault

so, to sum it up again, no i864A for his son, 

another i864 as his joint sponsor, and the i864A for his wife

No worries. Thanks again for such prompt response.. you guyz are all really helpful . 

Wives of both, the son and the petitioner are house wives and dependent on husbands  would they still need to  file I-864A?

Timeline

hi,

I would suggest filling the i864A out for each of them just in case immigration asks for them, they have them done

does the son make enough income to be the joint sponsor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.