VIP_LadyLuck

AOS Interview Was Scheduled - need helpful tips

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aside from the copy of the documents (AOS, AP & EAD) sent in March, I'm planning to add:

• New pay stubs from hubby
  • Recent photos with family and friends

Anything else I need to prepare?

Date Filed :    2020-02-15
NOA Date :    2020-02-29
Bio. Appt. :    2020-03-16
CIS Office :    Kansas City MO

K1 Visa

CIS Office : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2018-11-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2018-11-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2019-04-03

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :    2019-05-06

NVC Left : 2019-05-14

Consulate Received :   2019-05-20

Interview Date :    2019-05-30

Visa Received :    2019-06-08

US Entry : 2019-07-17 ✈️

POE: Los Angeles

Marriage : 2019-09-07👩‍❤️‍👨 💍💐

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Texas Service Center

Date Filed : 2020-02-15

NOA Date : 2020-02-29

I-765 EAD Approved : 2020-07-27

I-131 AP Approved : 2020-07-31

I-485 Interview : 2020-09-08

I-485 Approved : 2020-09-08

Green Card Received : 2020-09-15 :dance:

Lifting Conditions
I-751 ROC Submitted: 2022-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2022-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  

I-751 Interview:  

I-751 Approved:  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, VIP_LadyLuck said:

Aside from the copy of the documents (AOS, AP & EAD) sent in March, I'm planning to add:

• New pay stubs from hubby
  • Recent photos with family and friends

Anything else I need to prepare?

Date Filed :    2020-02-15
NOA Date :    2020-02-29
Bio. Appt. :    2020-03-16
CIS Office :    Kansas City MO

Hi! 

I just stumbled upon your post and I was wondering, have you already had your interview?

Im scheduled but have to receive the notice in the mail. If you had it already, can you let me know how it was? I also have to go to Kansas City! :)

Which evidence did you guys bring?

Looking forward to hearing from you! :D

Timeline
19 minutes ago, VIP_LadyLuck said:

I just realized I used the word everything thrice in a sentence. LOL

I didn’t even notice that 😂😂

Once I got that email that it was scheduled I started gathering my AOS package, documents of our life together like health insurance, car insurance, shared bank account and lease. I have pictures and everything and wedding cards. 

I also wanted to add new pay stubs from my husband just in case they want proof he still works at the same company or whatever. Thank you for your info! Looks like you have quite a bit prepared already. 

How nice you got your EAD!! I didn’t get that yet.. ☹️ I thought, oh since I don’t have anything maybe my interview will come soon but since yours is not until September I don’t think mine will be here soon. Ugh I want to start working.. I’m tired of waiting lol and not being able to drive. I scheduled a drivers test here in Topeka because waiting times are super long but that’s on 9/11, might have to reschedule since I expect my interview to be later.

Maybe I get an EAD before that but I don’t see the point 😂. Hopefully I’ll get the mail soon. How long did it take for the letter to arrive to you? I’m used to Dutch mailing and that was like the next day lol. 

Timeline

Thank you for that!
I guess most of all is already submitted though, just like I864 and I693. I submitted the DS3025 in my package but forgot to copy it. I wouldn't see any issues since they have it on file and if it wasn't correct people sometimes receive and RFE about the medical. Mine is not a year old yet luckily. I have until the end of October.

Hahaha my husband doesn't like to see me stressed out either. I saw that update on the website and I grabbed the printer and all my documents and the whole living room was packed with stuff on Tuesday LOL!! 

Im excited though for this process to be over with. We applied for K1 in 2016 and didn't get approved until 2019 so we're just wanting to both be able to work and travel. Happy that with AOS we already live together. Did y'all also submit that I944? Not sure if that was the number but they took it off the website again but I had to submit it in my package.

Im happy for you that you'll get your EAD card today!! Have you applied for jobs already? Some people do that before even getting the EAD, thats why im asking.

I wonder if ill get my EAD or just my green card..

What is "All documents establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"? Is that just you proving that you're married?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.