regholdsworth

Can I live outside of the US and still apply for a K1 -NEW ONE

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Also her Mother is only green card holder and has had a petition for her in for years, would we have to cancel that before submitting the K1?

THAT, is a very good question. I don't know the answer but I wanted to call attention to it.

It's best to call the Embassy in Manila and ask what they require. They don't necessarily play by the same rules as all other Embassies.

Actually, this is a USCIS only question. The Embassy doesn't and will likely never have or deal with the I-130 filed by the LPR mother because it hasn't been approved yet.

Well he can still call the Embassy, they will answer his questions, he doesnt have to call USCIS only.

One would call the Embassy or Consulate about Department of State related portions of the visa process. This is a petition question. USCIS handles that end of the process, so the answer to this question needs to come from them.

Fine, but im saying the embassy can also answer petition questions. My point is, dont write off the embassy all together, they are capable of answering petition questions.

You never know what kind of knowledge people have. I certainly wouldn't ask USCIS anything about what happens after the case leaves the service center for NVC. We've seen plenty of their misinformation here lately. I would expect similar misinformation coming from the other direction.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have one or two connections thru the embassy network down there, I can explore to see if I can get an answer.

Snail Line...

I-129F Sent : 07-27-2007

Returned wrong fee and sent again

I-129F NOA1 : 09-06-2007

Touched: 12-26-2007 Well it was only to update my address

Touched: 03-27-2008 Big surprise, damn, means expectations going high again, don't let me down!

I-129F NOA2 : 03-31-2008 Well it was a nice touch!!!

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 06-10-2008 in Manila

Visa Received : 2008-07-11

US Entry : 2008-07-18

Marriage : 2008-08-30

11.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.