humming bird

Spouse of USC. Weighing options for advance parole for work in middle east after presence of two continuous years in US.

3 posts in this topic

Request for your guidance please. Read the old posts on advance parole and didn't get the answer so posting here. I am Spouse of US Citizen. GC for 10 years. Have continuous presence in US for last two years and I read the requirement is  total 18 months with in three years. I will complete three years in July 2021. Got job offer from middle east. Want to apply for advance parole now. Weighing options if it will effect citizenship requirements.

Q1. If I leave US to work in another country for two years with AP-will I be able to apply for naturalization in July 2021? or will it kill my two years continuous presence in US and will I have to start over.

Q2. If I decide to apply for AP then can I apply and leave the country with the instruction to collect the permit in the US consulate of the country where I will work?  read the timeline is almost seven months to receive the permit.

Q3. If I will visit US during vacations, will AP will be reset/cancelled or my visit back to US won't effect two years AP permit.

Thank you for your insights in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, humming bird said:

Request for your guidance please. Read the old posts on advance parole and didn't get the answer so posting here. I am Spouse of US Citizen. GC for 10 years. Have continuous presence in US for last two years and I read the requirement is  total 18 months with in three years. I will complete three years in July 2021. Got job offer from middle east. Want to apply for advance parole now. Weighing options if it will effect citizenship requirements.

Q1. If I leave US to work in another country for two years with AP-will I be able to apply for naturalization in July 2021? or will it kill my two years continuous presence in US and will I have to start over.

Q2. If I decide to apply for AP then can I apply and leave the country with the instruction to collect the permit in the US consulate of the country where I will work?  read the timeline is almost seven months to receive the permit.

Q3. If I will visit US during vacations, will AP will be reset/cancelled or my visit back to US won't effect two years AP permit.

Thank you for your insights in advance.

I think you are talking about getting a reentry permit .. which functions differently to AP.. it’s for LPR who want to be overseas as you do without being perceived as abandoning residency. Taking work overseas without the Reentry  permit would likely be seen as abandoning residency. 
Yes .. being out of the US for extended period will affect when you can apply for naturalisation. The USCIS webpages will assist you in understanding the two requirements ... continual presence and residency 

Edited by Lil bear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.