spooky

Filing I90 can i file for citizensip?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, i lost my GC am in the process of filing for replacement GC (I90). I got my conditional GC in 2001. Then got my 10 year card in 2005. Will i be able to file for N-400 while i am going to wait for a replacement GC? You know with the fees going up and all. I f i could i would like to apply before fees go up in july 30. Its 330 plus 70 for finger printing now and it will go up to 675!!! What do you guys think, i would greatly appriciate any advise, thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi, i lost my GC am in the process of filing for replacement GC (I90). I got my conditional GC in 2001. Then got my 10 year card in 2005. Will i be able to file for N-400 while i am going to wait for a replacement GC? You know with the fees going up and all. I f i could i would like to apply before fees go up in july 30. Its 330 plus 70 for finger printing now and it will go up to 675!!! What do you guys think, i would greatly appriciate any advise, thanks in advance.

Sorry you lost your card :(

Yes you should be able to apply (as long as you meet the physical presence/continuos residence requirements, which I assume you do).

If you take a look at the document checklist on page 48 of the M-476 "Guide to Naturalization" file it clearly states on top of the page that, if you lost your card, you can submit a copy of the receipt of your Form I-90 "Application to replace permanent Resident Card" along with your N-400 application instead of a copy of the actual green card.

Good luck!

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello

As long as you receive your *new* GC by then time you have your oath ( in order to exchnage it for your citizienship document) you should be fine. This happened to me. And all they asked for was the recipet NOA1 of the 1-90(which they have in the system anyway) your temp GC (either a 1-94 or stamp in your passport...I had the passport stamp)... Also make sure your stamp in the passport is current. They donnot like expiration. As per timelines on Vj looks like avrage N-400 had 5-6m approval. My I-90 last yr took me 3 months to get approved. I am sure if you file the I-90 one month, then the N-400 you should be fine. Good Luck!

Timeline

Thanks everybody for fast reply's. So what im understanding is, file for I90 then apply for N_400. Can it be done in the same month, dont really want to pay 675 if i can. I do have a copy of my green card, and my recipt notice. It doesnt help that im in turkey right now, and not on any military base. Just so lost with this whole thing, embassy here doesnt really explain much. Thanks again.

Timeline

Hi, what i forgot to tell you guys was that i am in turkey and lost my card here, i talked to the embassy here and phoned ins and all say im ok, as long as im not here for 12 months, it wont be a problem. And the embassy will give me a transportation letter to be able to enter the states without a card. Now my question to you guys is, how long does the whole N-400 process take, once i file? I will be going to the states end of january maybe a little sooner ( my daughter would love to be there for christmas) We will have to return back here no later than begining of april, do you guys think that would be enough time to start my process and get to take my oath ceremony? If anybody knows i would appriciated it. I will be filing with the ins in san antonio, that is texas service center. Thanks.

Timeline

A little update, more like a BIG update really. I found my my Greenn card, i'm so happy I want to shout it out to the streets, just wanted to shhare it with you guys, thanks everybody for all your help and suggestins and support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.