Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
onepr1cklypear

Affidavit of Support Question K1 VISA

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a house keeping day today. 

 

The fiance has not been employed for the past 2 years as he has been in school. However, has since started working this June 2020. And makes well over the poverty amount. 

 

My question is: What documentation is sufficient to prove that he can support me? Or would it be more indicated to have a joint sponsor fill out the I-134?

 

I've read mixed things about this. Anyone have a similar predicament? 

 

Thank you!

 

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, onepr1cklypear said:

My question is: What documentation is sufficient to prove that he can support me? Or would it be more indicated to have a joint sponsor fill out the I-134?

He must include supporting documentation such as pay stubs or periodic pay statements which will provide evidence for his current annual income.  He can use even 1 pay sub to calculate annual income.  Annual income can be calculated by:

Income per pay period x number of pay periods in one year= annual income

Weekly income x 52= Annual income

Monthly income x 12= Annual income

If he knows that his pay will increase within a year, he can include the increased amount if he has documentation to verify that (such as a contract, etc).


"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

He must include supporting documentation such as pay stubs or periodic pay statements which will provide evidence for his current annual income.  He can use even 1 pay sub to calculate annual income.  Annual income can be calculated by:

Income per pay period x number of pay periods in one year= annual income

Weekly income x 52= Annual income

Monthly income x 12= Annual income

If he knows that his pay will increase within a year, he can include the increased amount if he has documentation to verify that (such as a contract, etc).

Do you think that we need to also provide his previous year tax return despite him not having an income? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onepr1cklypear said:

Do you think that we need to also provide his previous year tax return despite him not having an income? 

What what I see, the instructions are to include it if he is self employed.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-134


"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...