Samus Aran

How recent should bank statements / car loans / etc. be for the I-944 submission?

3 posts in this topic

I checked both the form and instructions and don't see anything related to this.

Basically, we're putting together our documents right now.  One thing we need to do is get bank statements, car and student loan info, etc. for the I-944. But life is complicated and we're doing a million things right now, and it might be another month or more before we actually get everything together and file.

So I'm worried that, if for instance, we get the files for our bank accounts and car loans and everything for right now (early July), but don't file until mid to late August, would they be considered too outdated?  Exactly how close to the filing date do these documents need to be?

I know we could just hold off and do that last, but it's an easy thing to do and other stuff seems more complicated so I want to get it done as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, Samus Aran said:

I checked both the form and instructions and don't see anything related to this.

Basically, we're putting together our documents right now.  One thing we need to do is get bank statements, car and student loan info, etc. for the I-944. But life is complicated and we're doing a million things right now, and it might be another month or more before we actually get everything together and file.

So I'm worried that, if for instance, we get the files for our bank accounts and car loans and everything for right now (early July), but don't file until mid to late August, would they be considered too outdated?  Exactly how close to the filing date do these documents need to be?

I know we could just hold off and do that last, but it's an easy thing to do and other stuff seems more complicated so I want to get it done as soon as possible.

I do not know the "correct" answer, but I know I would be too nervous to send documents in that are a month and a half old. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.