7 posts in this topic

My husband and I received an RFE for his I-485. It is asking for the birth certificate, 12 months of bank statements and my most recent tax info. We sent all of that in, except for my most recent taxes. I have not filed yet because of the Covid situation. Should we just send the same thing over again, or can we call uscis and ask more questions? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Did you send a statement/explanation with the RFE detailing that taxes have not been filed yet, along with an approved extension (since tax day is next week)? Did you submit your 2018 transcript, and maybe recent paystubs/employment verification letter? Or did you ignore that part of the RFE entirely?

I'm not sure what questions you want to ask USCIS when calling. I believe the RFE is a one response thing, if I recall it correctly the letter states something along those lines (that one response with all evidence must be sent, multiple responses won't be considered) - but I'm not 100% sure.

48 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Did you send a statement/explanation with the RFE detailing that taxes have not been filed yet, along with an approved extension (since tax day is next week)? Did you submit your 2018 transcript, and maybe recent paystubs/employment verification letter? Or did you ignore that part of the RFE entirely?

I'm not sure what questions you want to ask USCIS when calling. I believe the RFE is a one response thing, if I recall it correctly the letter states something along those lines (that one response with all evidence must be sent, multiple responses won't be considered) - but I'm not 100% sure.

We just got the RFE today. I sent in tax returns from 2017 and 2018 and on the I-864 (whichever form) i put have not filed but will. The new filing date isn’t until July 15, so when we sent it, i hadn’t filed yet. I also sent 12 months of bank statements from both banks. Do i just need to reprint them all again? And the birth certificate we sent, one English version and one French. We sent in everything they are asking, except the taxes for 2019.

14 minutes ago, ReneeJas said:

We just got the RFE today. I sent in tax returns from 2017 and 2018 and on the I-864 (whichever form) i put have not filed but will. The new filing date isn’t until July 15, so when we sent it, i hadn’t filed yet. I also sent 12 months of bank statements from both banks. Do i just need to reprint them all again? And the birth certificate we sent, one English version and one French. We sent in everything they are asking, except the taxes for 2019.

I’m trying to take a photo but it’s saying the file is too large. I think i misread the part about that bank statements; i think that’s if we needed a joint sponsor they would need to send them in

1053E2B6-5B4B-400F-A3A3-ECEF8E70F1C0.jpeg

Edited by ReneeJas

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

It sounds like you filled the wrong income amount on the I-864 (gross receipts instead total income) as described in the letter. In that case your I-864 doesn’t qualify since they can not determine if you are eligible to be the sponsor.

”Current income” should be your current income backed up by employment verification letter/pay stubs.

For tax years you can fill the ones you have (by now you probably have 2019 as well), using the “total income” line from the 1040.

Then you’ll need to provide W2s etc again, as indicated.

Maybe others can chime in, but that’s what I read from the letter.

my response assumes that you do indeed qualify as sponsor. If not, a joint sponsor would be needed :)

9 hours ago, Quarknase said:

It sounds like you filled the wrong income amount on the I-864 (gross receipts instead total income) as described in the letter. In that case your I-864 doesn’t qualify since they can not determine if you are eligible to be the sponsor.

”Current income” should be your current income backed up by employment verification letter/pay stubs.

For tax years you can fill the ones you have (by now you probably have 2019 as well), using the “total income” line from the 1040.

Then you’ll need to provide W2s etc again, as indicated.

Maybe others can chime in, but that’s what I read from the letter.

my response assumes that you do indeed qualify as sponsor. If not, a joint sponsor would be needed :)

Thank you. Makes sense. I have received a raise since i filed my last tax return. I will just get a letter showing how much i make. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.