MaseR

RFE: Typical deadline

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

This Site/Forum has been invaluable to our K1 journey, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Last week I was notified that they have sent me an RFE, and while not 100% sure, I have a strong feeling it is in regard to a 30 year old juvenile criminal case I had that I just recently learned (when I applied for Global Entry) has no disposition.  I put this arrest on my application as I did not want to risk even the appearance of impropriety had they found it.  If this is indeed what they are requesting I'm going to have to fly to Los Angeles to deal with this (assuming the courts are even open given Covid), and who knows how long the process will take, especially given the age of the case.  My question is this: is there a typical amount of time the USCIS gives to return evidence they have requested?  Obviously I want to try and get this dealt with as quickly as possible, especially given the looming furlough.  However, it may not be up to me and after all the waiting we've done I would hate to have to start over through no fault of our own. 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mason

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, MaseR said:

Hello all,

This Site/Forum has been invaluable to our K1 journey, and for that I am extremely grateful.

Last week I was notified that they have sent me an RFE, and while not 100% sure, I have a strong feeling it is in regard to a 30 year old juvenile criminal case I had that I just recently learned (when I applied for Global Entry) has no disposition.  I put this arrest on my application as I did not want to risk even the appearance of impropriety had they found it.  If this is indeed what they are requesting I'm going to have to fly to Los Angeles to deal with this (assuming the courts are even open given Covid), and who knows how long the process will take, especially given the age of the case.  My question is this: is there a typical amount of time the USCIS gives to return evidence they have requested?  Obviously I want to try and get this dealt with as quickly as possible, especially given the looming furlough.  However, it may not be up to me and after all the waiting we've done I would hate to have to start over through no fault of our own. 

Mason

87 days typical plus 60 days extra during covid 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MaseR said:

Hello all,

Mason

On your RFE is should show what date you have to submit your reply by.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.