marcella

questions about G-325A and other ramdom questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:help:

Hey everyone, I have a few questions and couldn't find the answer around here. hopefully someone will be able to help me out!

1) I'm not American, but i do have a SSN cause Ive worked in US. But, when i was living in Orlando, i worked for this company using my SSN with a valid H2b visa (not issued by this company) but with a b2 status. (yes, complicated). But, I shouldn't have worked at this point anymore. And now I'm afraid to use my SSN. Does it have anything to do with USCIS or they wouldn't find that out? Cause i just put none in my field?

2) Can I just abbreviate the months, put Nov. Or Feb. oh the G325A? that "+" sign pisses me off . And i don't wanna write it by hand (don't ask me why :rolleyes: )

3) On the employment field,if i was unemployed for 6 months, where should I write that on the form? Under "Occupation"?

And when I was studying should I write the name of the school or just "Student" under "Occupation"?

I think that's about it!

your help will be highly appreciated, guys!

^_^

Filed: Timeline

marcella,

1) If you are aked for information, and you have the information, provide the information. If something would be of concern the the USCIS, and you do not provide requested information that might lead to that something so as to hide it, you are putting yourself in danger.

2) Sure, if the form will accept the information in that format.

3) I wouldn't - I didn't - enter periods of unemployment on my G-325A. I answered the question that is asked - employer, occupation, and from and to dates. I think I would consider being a full-time student as an occupation, the institution being the 'employer', although I didn't have to make that call in my situation.

Yodrak

Hey everyone, I have a few questions and couldn't find the answer around here. hopefully someone will be able to help me out!

1) I'm not American, but i do have a SSN cause Ive worked in US. But, when i was living in Orlando, i worked for this company using my SSN with a valid H2b visa (not issued by this company) but with a b2 status. (yes, complicated). But, I shouldn't have worked at this point anymore. And now I'm afraid to use my SSN. Does it have anything to do with USCIS or they wouldn't find that out? Cause i just put none in my field?

2) Can I just abbreviate the months, put Nov. Or Feb. oh the G325A? that "+" sign pisses me off . And i don't wanna write it by hand (don't ask me why )

3) On the employment field,if i was unemployed for 6 months, where should I write that on the form? Under "Occupation"?

And when I was studying should I write the name of the school or just "Student" under "Occupation"?

I think that's about it!

your help will be highly appreciated, guys!

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
marcella,

1) If you are aked for information, and you have the information, provide the information. If something would be of concern the the USCIS, and you do not provide requested information that might lead to that something so as to hide it, you are putting yourself in danger.

you're right. now i only have to find the number! :wacko:

2) Sure, if the form will accept the information in that format.

good!

3) I wouldn't - I didn't - enter periods of unemployment on my G-325A. I answered the question that is asked - employer, occupation, and from and to dates. I think I would consider being a full-time student as an occupation, the institution being the 'employer', although I didn't have to make that call in my situation.

I was on vacation for six months. so i guess i have to put unemployed!

thanks for the help!

marcella,

1) If you honestly can't remember or find the number, then 'unknown', 'forgotten', or some such is a legitimate answer.

3) Being on vacation isn't the same as being unemployed, although for most occupations being away from the job for 6 months would be tough to arrange.

Yodrak

marcella,

you're right. now i only have to find the number!

I was on vacation for six months. so i guess i have to put unemployed!

thanks for the help!

Timeline
3) Being on vacation isn't the same as being unemployed, although for most occupations being away from the job for 6 months would be tough to arrange.

I was in the US for six months...not really working! oh well unemployed it is.

another question..

On Brazilian addresses, the Street Name comes first, then the number. do I have to invert the order to put on the G325A form?

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I was in the US for six months...not really working! oh well unemployed it is.

another question..

On Brazilian addresses, the Street Name comes first, then the number. do I have to invert the order to put on the G325A form?

:thumbs:

The G325A form will accept the address as text in the appropriate format. For a mailing address, you'll want to provide it in the format the delivering post office expects to see.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

marcella,

I would show the address as it is used in Brazil.

As a practical matter it's not important, you could show only city, province, and country (or whatever the jurisdictional divisions are called in Brazil) and it would be fine. The addresses do not have to be postal quality - many people have to condense and abbreviate ruthlessly to fit addresses into the limited space provided.

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.