Aaab

Inquiry for Emergency appointment HELP

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Cilllah said:

My fiance is immuno compromised as he has renal failure and I need to be there to support him as it is dangerous for him to do things he needs to in his day-to-day life currently.

I dont know much about that but I am sorry to hear that your fiance is going through that.

15 hours ago, Aaab said:

Like it says in one of the pinned post Pregnancy is not an emergency however If the pregnant woman (that by the way has to be the US citzen) is in distress, depressed or anxiety ridden that changes and the chances to get approved are there. If any of of the US citizens are on medications for anxiety, stress or depression for any reason that also qualifies. This is what I was also interested as the medical reason is more extensive and not just cut and dry like they make it seem. Ive also seen a person get approved with just one visit to the Dr. they did not disclosed what kind of Dr but it was only one instance and they got approved. That there is where my curiosity kicked in about the proof that is required. One visit to the Dr is enough? I wonder if it was a Dr at a hospital or a physiologist. Some People dont like to disclose much which is fine and understandable thats why I was hoping there were some people out there that were open to share possible details of their experience etc

Sorry for going on, was yours based on medical reasons?

Is it for a pregnancy then? It would be unlikely that you would get an expedite for that. Pregnancy is a lifestyle choice. A previous poster mentioned renal failure as an example for a successful expedite. That’s not a choice. I personally was indirectly involved with an expedited case (not K-1 but family-based) and the petitioner was in advanced liver failure and expected to die. The family member’s visa was expedited to be able to see the petitioner before he died. As it happened he received a transplant at the last minute. But that’s the kind of reason that will get an expedite. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 minutes ago, JFH said:

Is it for a pregnancy then? It would be unlikely that you would get an expedite for that. Pregnancy is a lifestyle choice. A previous poster mentioned renal failure as an example for a successful expedite. That’s not a choice. I personally was indirectly involved with an expedited case (not K-1 but family-based) and the petitioner was in advanced liver failure and expected to die. The family member’s visa was expedited to be able to see the petitioner before he died. As it happened he received a transplant at the last minute. But that’s the kind of reason that will get an expedite. 

No, my case is not pregnancy. Of course Pregnancy is a "choice" to a certain extent and it is not a reason to expedite however When I gave the example of pregnancy I attached depression to it which in fact is not a choice either. I am aware that a family's critical medical condition or death can expedite anything. Thanks for your reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.