Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Help in different names

3 posts in this topic

Hello Every one, i went to start filling my DS 260 today and i have a question regarding the section in personal section "Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?"

does this section indicates different spelling of the name as well ?

as it says on the website "Other names used includes your maiden name, religious name, professional name, or any other names by which you are known or have been known in the past." so i just wanted to be sure so it wouldn't has an issue in the future 

in 1996 i was issued my 1st passport ever, it was hand written passport and as you can guess everyone in the government who is filling the names in English can write it as he thinks or spells it, 

for example, the name "Mohammad" written inside all the new passports was written in my first passport "Mohamed" ONLY at my 1st passport and it also applied to my family name [different only at my 1st passport]

so if i have ever used a different name, shall i choose YES or NO ?

P.S : around 2016 i guess i went to our Embassy and they gave me an official statement that that the information such as name of that passport belongs to the same guy on the new passport

shall i obtain a new letter for this purpose just to be sure or not needed as well ?

Edited by Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Yes, write it in. Any difference in an official document should be mentioned in there. 

I doubt you’ll need the letter you mention (I assume the Arabic spelling is unchanged and this kind of thing is common with name translations from non-Latin alphabets) but if it makes you feel more comfortable to have it, by all means do so.

Thank you

they gave me as well 2 boxes, one for sure name and one for given name

so i wrote the changed surname and in the given name i wrote my 1st, 2nd and 3rd name [since they are all different] LOL

the Arabic spelling is not different at all since the day i was born, i think i will be doing that just in case, extra paper could save time and explanation as well, you never know what the officer might ask for 

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.