travisgarretson11

K1 Visa Expedited Interview Question

4 posts in this topic

Our case is at the embassy in vietnam right now, but there is no word when they will continue normal visa processing.  They are only accepting expedited requests

I already have all three documents required to file the request

1. letter from doctor

2. letter from hospital in US 

3. proof of how I will pay

I already know about this website

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

but they have a 500 word count limit. I highly doubt I can explain our situation in just 500 words... can I email them personally? do they have an email address?

thanks

Edited by travisgarretson11

4 hours ago, travisgarretson11 said:

Our case is at the embassy in vietnam right now, but there is no word when they will continue normal visa processing.  They are only accepting expedited requests

I already have all three documents required to file the request

1. letter from doctor

2. letter from hospital in US 

3. proof of how I will pay

I already know about this website

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

but they have a 500-word count limit. I highly doubt I can explain our situation in just five hundred words... can I email them personally? do they have an email address?

thanks

First have you followed the criteria for an expedited case?  Anyone can ask for their case to be expedited but must follow certain criteria. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria  If accepted or denied neither have an impact on any other process toward a visa. 

1. For USCIS refer to https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request
  2. For NVC they expedite K-1 visas already.
  3. For Embassies, an expedited request requires you to contact them either through email or a phone call. Most embassy don't grant expedited visas but only in the case of an emergency. Check with your embassy for additional details.

Second have you searched the embassy website for the additional information you are looking for?

Third, they don't want a story hence the 500-word limit. Just be concise with your explanation. If they need further information, they will contact you.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

First have you followed the criteria for an expedited case?  Anyone can ask for their case to be expedited but must follow certain criteria. https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria  If accepted or denied neither have an impact on any other process toward a visa. 

1. For USCIS refer to https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/how-make-expedite-request
  2. For NVC they expedite K-1 visas already.
  3. For Embassies, an expedited request requires you to contact them either through email or a phone call. Most embassy don't grant expedited visas but only in the case of an emergency. Check with your embassy for additional details.

Second have you searched the embassy website for the additional information you are looking for?

Third, they don't want a story hence the 500-word limit. Just be concise with your explanation. If they need further information, they will contact you.  

yes, I do meet the criteria. 

this is the link for my embassy, but they only have a 500 word limit..

saying thank you for your time and consideration and explaining that me the petitioner is the one writing the email pretty much takes up half limit already... so much for explaining my situation. I guess they don't want people to explain in full details, since they want to look for an excuse to deny someone.

and yes yes, "the one with the gold makes the rules"

heard that a million times by now.

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

Edited by travisgarretson11

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, travisgarretson11 said:

yes, I do meet the criteria. 

this is the link for my embassy, but they only have a 500 word limit..

saying thank you for your time and consideration and explaining that me the petitioner is the one writing the email pretty much takes up half limit already... so much for explaining my situation. I guess they don't want people to explain in full details, since they want to look for an excuse to deny someone.

and yes yes, "the one with the gold makes the rules"

heard that a million times by now.

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/non-immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

Cut out all gratitude verbiage except maybe a simple "thank you" at the end if there's room.  No need to include you are the petitioner, as that is already included in the form, as is the reason for your inquiry ("Can I request an expedite...") in the drop-down menus. Plus, all of the beneficiary's info and case number, your e-mail address, etc are already entered before you reach the 500-space explanation box.  Then, keep it siimple, along the lines of "I/ my wife (whoever has the medical issue) have [insert explanation of medical condition here in simple terms -- doesn't need to be lengthly].  This means I [insert simple description on the main hardship/difficulty for you, the US citizen].  Documentation attached.  Please contact me if more is needed.  Thank you."

They aren't looking for a reason to deny an expedite request; rather, they need to see that there is a reason to consider granting one, especially during the current situation when thousands are waiting worldwide for it to be safe to conduct interviews and consular staffing is at a minimum in most places.  If they can see that you at least meet the basic requirement needed for an expedite, they can ask for more details if they need them.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.