petitioners son

changed country of origin

3 posts in this topic

hi,

Ok so my dad filed for his married daughter(my sister) about 10 years ago, the original country of residence for my sister at the time was Pakistan than after 2 years they moved to australia and are now legal citizens of Australia for past couple of years. Her priority date for U.S immigration is december 2009 and if all goes well we should start submitting documents for them within the next year, The question is, Is there anything we can do to transfer the case or even just the interview to Australia rather than Pakistan. I have called USCIS and asked this questions and the person was unsure as to how to proceed , they said once a visa number became available in Pakistan we can call them and try and transfer the case. Is there anything that we can do in the waiting time right now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 minutes ago, petitioners son said:

hi,

Ok so my dad filed for his married daughter(my sister) about 10 years ago, the original country of residence for my sister at the time was Pakistan than after 2 years they moved to australia and are now legal citizens of Australia for past couple of years. Her priority date for U.S immigration is december 2009 and if all goes well we should start submitting documents for them within the next year, The question is, Is there anything we can do to transfer the case or even just the interview to Australia rather than Pakistan. I have called USCIS and asked this questions and the person was unsure as to how to proceed , they said once a visa number became available in Pakistan we can call them and try and transfer the case. Is there anything that we can do in the waiting time right now.

You can but it will be done once the case has been created at NVC. Not via USCIS. I assume the I-130 has been approved and you are waiting for Welcome Letter from NVC once the PD becomes current (or close to it). So you’ll wait for that Welcome Letter and then send an inquiry to NVC to change the processing post (not country of origin) to Australia, along with proof of AUS residence and domicile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.