Dolfishvisa

Expedited Interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have a medical condition with my lungs and my husband helps take care of me. Furthermore, I have also had issues with anxiety/depression/bipolar disorder that have been exacerbated by this crisis, that my husband has also been very helpful in taking care of me. Right now, we were accepted at the NVC, but haven't had an interview yet due to the lockdown in Morocco. Would it be possible to request an expedited interview based on these grounds? If so, how would we go about doing it? Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who's the USC?

and how does a person in another country take care of you?

Have all the NVC fees and documents been submitted? 

you can request a case to be expedited but chances it will move fast in these times is slim

with Morocco there are so many other issues to consider like how much face time together do you have? 

and how do you travel with all these issues?

i, myself ,  went thru a difficult process with this embassy and know what you will go thru and professing illness may not help / it could be determental in Casa ( Casa could ask "how do you plan to work and care for USC at the same time-if you are the USC with the issues?)   and if the Moroccan has the lung problems, the medical could be reason for denial 

but give this community all the facts so they can advise

like same religion?

big age difference?

how much together time?

did you go 1 time and marry 1st visit?

a timeline would be great 

an expedited process can't help with the main issues that get a visa denied at that embassy

Timeline

Please create a timeline and iD the country so your post doesn't get lost (people will not see it as it doesn't appear in the Morocco portal and the post has disappeared from the home page)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dolfishvisa said:

I have a medical condition with my lungs and my husband helps take care of me. Furthermore, I have also had issues with anxiety/depression/bipolar disorder that have been exacerbated by this crisis, that my husband has also been very helpful in taking care of me. Right now, we were accepted at the NVC, but haven't had an interview yet due to the lockdown in Morocco. Would it be possible to request an expedited interview based on these grounds? If so, how would we go about doing it? Thanks so much!

Previous posts indicate you are the US Citizen Petitioner.  Timelines and explanations need to make this clear too, in order to get faster more meaningful answers.

You can send a letter requesting expedite to NVC.  Explain why.  Provide a statement from your doctor that includes why you need your husband's care.  Your request should explain why specifically your husband's care (not companionship) is required and this same care is not available to you by other means.

Note that an approved expedite may not mean the Immigrant Visa Unit in Casablanca will open early for your interview, but when they DO open, you'll be much nearer the front of the interview appointment queue.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 8:34 PM, JeanneAdil said:

Who's the USC?

and how does a person in another country take care of you?

Have all the NVC fees and documents been submitted? 

you can request a case to be expedited but chances it will move fast in these times is slim

with Morocco there are so many other issues to consider like how much face time together do you have? 

and how do you travel with all these issues?

i, myself ,  went thru a difficult process with this embassy and know what you will go thru and professing illness may not help / it could be determental in Casa ( Casa could ask "how do you plan to work and care for USC at the same time-if you are the USC with the issues?)   and if the Moroccan has the lung problems, the medical could be reason for denial 

but give this community all the facts so they can advise

like same religion?

big age difference?

how much together time?

did you go 1 time and marry 1st visit?

a timeline would be great 

an expedited process can't help with the main issues that get a visa denied at that embassy

Hello, 

Thanks so much for your help~ ! I'm the US citizen. I'm currently living with my husband in Morocco but am leaving on an evacuation flight. It is very helpful to me to have moral support in this difficult time while being in America. I have a timeline--is it showing up? We got approved at the NVC on March 20th, and only have the interview left. We've lived together for nearly a year, and have been an unmarried couple in the same city meeting all the time for another year in addition. I'm the one with the medical issues/mental health issues. We haven't really mentioned religion in our folder. There isn't a big age difference. 

Considering all of this, do you think there is a chance to have an expedited interview? Has anyone else done it, who has advice? I got the idea from a post I saw on this website, but was wondering if anyone had expedited the interview in particular, esp. in a situation like mine. 

Thank you again for the time you're taking to help me!

Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 11:25 PM, pushbrk said:

Previous posts indicate you are the US Citizen Petitioner.  Timelines and explanations need to make this clear too, in order to get faster more meaningful answers.

You can send a letter requesting expedite to NVC.  Explain why.  Provide a statement from your doctor that includes why you need your husband's care.  Your request should explain why specifically your husband's care (not companionship) is required and this same care is not available to you by other means.

Note that an approved expedite may not mean the Immigrant Visa Unit in Casablanca will open early for your interview, but when they DO open, you'll be much nearer the front of the interview appointment queue.

Thank you so much for your advice! Are there any models for letters such as these? (for both the letter that I should write, and the statement from my doctor). I have made a timeline-- is it showing up? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Dolfishvisa said:

Thank you so much for your advice! Are there any models for letters such as these? (for both the letter that I should write, and the statement from my doctor). I have made a timeline-- is it showing up? 

The letter from you and the doctor need to be personal to your actual circumstances, not contrived from some model.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You are CC at NVC so not sure what an expedite will do for you

it could be seen wrong at the Casa embassy to know the USC has  health issues and needs so much care

like how will the Moroccan care for you and hold a job too? 

don't have to answer but your case is ready for an interview and will happen when the embassy opens/they do have to schedule the cancelled interviews and then the cases in NVC that are spouse visas will be given priority 

the embassy has to not only think what is best for the USC but what is good for the beneficiary

you also have to understand that getting an expedited interview does not mean he can come faster to the US/ Casa has a long AP after the interview to do the "new" ds 260 security checks and that has taken months even a year or more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.