Happyt2

Philippines embassy interview ?

14 posts in this topic

I am submitting The NVC documents now, once that is approved. I understand the next step there is a fee to pay and more documents to upload , is this correct? , also for IR2 we would schedule our own interview ?.I am worried  that there will an interview or medical they he could get to because of a  lock down or that we could not fly in to the country to get him.I would like to have some control on scheduling tor rescheduling  the interview . Any insight to this part of the process .

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Once you are DQ (Documents Qualified) with NVC, then NVC will schedule your interview with the embassy.   You will pay the visa fee at NVC if you have not already done so.

Right now during the lockdown there are no interviews and no medicals.

Once your case file is at the embassy you are allowed to re-schedule your interview to an earlier date .. IF there is an earlier opening.   < info on this within the link below

Good luck with being in control ..  ;)  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html   <   There are links to the medical and CFO info within this link also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Once you are DQ (Documents Qualified) with NVC, then NVC will schedule your interview with the embassy.   You will pay the visa fee at NVC if you have not already done so.

Right now during the lockdown there are no interviews and no medicals.

Once your case file is at the embassy you are allowed to re-schedule your interview to an earlier date .. IF there is an earlier opening.   < info on this within the link below

Good luck with being in control ..  ;)  

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html   <   There are links to the medical and CFO info within this link also.

I have paid the Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee and  the affidavit of Support Fee, where do I pay the visa fee and do I have to pay the visa fee before  I can  be DQ  or can I pay after ? , will interview still be scheduled if I have not paid fee   ? 

Timeline

Here is the process at NVC

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Here is the process at NVC

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

Thank you  I had already read this and started up loading , as mention I have already paid the Application Processing Fee and  the affidavit of Support Fee, is there another visa fee  ? , if so where / when do I pay that ? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Happyt2 said:

Thank you  I had already read this and started up loading , as mention I have already paid the Application Processing Fee and  the affidavit of Support Fee, is there another visa fee  ? , if so where / when do I pay that ? 

All the fees have been paid to NVC.   You paid them at the beginning.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Just now, Happyt2 said:

is their an embassy fee before interview ? 

No fees to the embassy.  Everything has been paid to NVC.    Just have to be patient for now

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Happyt2 said:

can you request to have the interview,  if needed ? 

What do you mean "request" ?     As said earlier, once you are DQ you then wait for NVC to get an interview date from the embassy, they will notify you of this in writing.

Also as said earlier; once your case file is at the embassy, IF you want to re-schedule your interview to an earlier date, you can do so then, if there is an earlier opening.  Details on this in the link I gave you earlier.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

What do you mean "request" ?     As said earlier, once you are DQ you then wait for NVC to get an interview date from the embassy, they will notify you of this in writing.

Also as said earlier; once your case file is at the embassy, IF you want to re-schedule your interview to an earlier date, you can do so then, if there is an earlier opening.  Details on this in the link I gave you earlier.

Request = ask ,  I read  and understood what you stated earlier, ,my reading comprehension is very high. What I am asking  is re-schedule to a later date as in for whatever reason we can not make the appointment etc.

Edited by Happyt2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.