Vanessamaria

Further documents sent after Medical expired

26 posts in this topic

Hello! Sorry in advance as this is super complicated, and might not make any sense. I am a USC with a British husband currently residing in the UK. We went through most of the DCF process last year. When we went to the interview at the London embassy I was told I brought in the wrong tax documents for myself and joint sponsor, to just email the documents, and they would tell us if it was approved. The woman was very rude, and wouldn’t answer any of our questions. I’m sure they deal with a lot of guff when denying people so I didn’t take it too personally, but we were left with a lot of unanswered questions. The only question we were able to get in was, “How long do we have to send this in? Does it have to be soon, can it be five years from now, etc . . .” She said, “Well, that’s up to you.” Which, I took as a yes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to send it in until now (11 months later). Of course, things are very different now with Covid, but I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation? I have a few questions . . .
How long did it take for approval?

If medical and police certificate expired before sending in the further documents did you have to redo all of it? If so, does he have to do another interview or are these things sent over email as well? Do we have to just do the whole process over again?

Basically, just what was your overall experience I guess? Thanks so much in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

Hello! Sorry in advance as this is super complicated, and might not make any sense. I am a USC with a British husband currently residing in the UK. We went through most of the DCF process last year. When we went to the interview at the London embassy I was told I brought in the wrong tax documents for myself and joint sponsor, to just email the documents, and they would tell us if it was approved. The woman was very rude, and wouldn’t answer any of our questions. I’m sure they deal with a lot of guff when denying people so I didn’t take it too personally, but we were left with a lot of unanswered questions. The only question we were able to get in was, “How long do we have to send this in? Does it have to be soon, can it be five years from now, etc . . .” She said, “Well, that’s up to you.” Which, I took as a yes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to send it in until now (11 months later). Of course, things are very different now with Covid, but I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation? I have a few questions . . .
How long did it take for approval?

If medical and police certificate expired before sending in the further documents did you have to redo all of it? If so, does he have to do another interview or are these things sent over email as well? Do we have to just do the whole process over again?

Basically, just what was your overall experience I guess? Thanks so much in advance!

You will have to update any expired documents.   The petition doesn't have an expiration date 

YMMV

35 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

That's what I guessed. Thanks so much for the reply :)

Do your best to atleast contact the consulate or file the documents before the 1 year expires.  While the petition does not expire, after a year the consulate can send the petition back stateside for storage.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

18 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Do your best to atleast contact the consulate or file the documents before the 1 year expires.  While the petition does not expire, after a year the consulate can send the petition back stateside for storage.

Thanks for the pointers :)

Fingers crossed they still have the petition. We sent the documents from the original RFE this week, but I'm guessing we will get another one asking for a new medical and police certificate. 

8 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

Fingers crossed they still have the petition

The most likely do.   Normal petitions are not being sent back and forth right now to/from NVC.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again! I have no updates, but have another question. 

We have sent the original documents they asked for at the interview. However, I am not sure what I am waiting for now. I am assuming they will ask for the updated medical and police certificate. Is this something we should be sending now, or should we wait until hearing back from them? Does anyone know if at this point we will be receiving a letter or if they respond by email?

I know these are very specific questions, and my situation is unique. I have done tons of searching for other people receiving an RFE at interviews (not sure if that's what they are called at the interview point), but have not found anything.  So, it may be a long shot that anyone has these answers. 

Thanks in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!
I have a few more questions I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I'm getting really nervous while waiting to hear back, and just want to ease my mind. Sorry if I am over posting just getting super nervous I did something wrong.

1. After I-130s are approved are they sent on somewhere else? I'm a bit confused as to what location is handling our case right now. Therefore, I don't know who to contact, or even if I should contact them for an update?

2. I realized later that I sent the documents from a different email address than we provided when applying. Should I re-send from the email address we provided?

3. I read this on the website about 221g
"If the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit has asked you for additional documents, you are required to scan and email the documents to the following email address: petitionslondon@state.gov."
This is not the email address we were given. Should we be resending to this address?

4. The website said it could take months to years to get a response. I'm going crazy already with anticipation. I can't imagine waiting years! Has anyone else gotten a 221g at interview? How long did it take to get a response?

Thanks for any help in advance!

On 5/28/2020 at 2:46 AM, Vanessamaria said:

I know these are very specific questions, and my situation is unique. I have done tons of searching for other people receiving an RFE at interviews (not sure if that's what they are called at the interview point), but have not found anything. 

221(g) is a consulate soft refuse.  It is not the same as RFE which USCIS issues.  You had one opportunity to get thing right at the consulate the first time.

10 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

1. After I-130s are approved are they sent on somewhere else? I'm a bit confused as to what location is handling our case right now. Therefore, I don't know who to contact, or even if I should contact them for an update?

Once your I-130 was approved it goes to the consulate.  If they don't hear from you within a year it gets sent to the states for storage and you have to file an I-824 and pay a fee to get it back to the consulate.   Contact the IV unit in london via the web form.

You might also be able to log into CEAC and see the status.

2. I realized later that I sent the documents from a different email address than we provided when applying. Should I re-send from the email address we provided?

resend to the correct address.

"If the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit has asked you for additional documents, you are required to scan and email the documents to the following email address: petitionslondon@state.gov."
This is not the email address we were given. Should we be resending to this address?

No you are IMMIGRANT VISA

4. The website said it could take months to years to get a response. I'm going crazy already with anticipation. I can't imagine waiting years! Has anyone else gotten a 221g at interview? How long did it take to get a response?

Pre COVID a few days to a month or so.   You need to first send it to the correct email.  And remember that the consular section is very limited at this time.

Once you have all of that sorted out you and get an new interview, you are going to need to get a new medical and updated I-864(s) with tax transcripts and I would do the DS-5540 which was added to the process since the last time you were there.  You are processing a way that most staff at any consulate are not familiar with.  You need to be better prepared.

Thanks so much for the response!

14 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

resend to the correct address.

I sent the transcripts to the address that we were provided. However, I sent it FROM my email address instead of my husband's email address that we used on the CEAC. Should I resend it from his email address, or will this make things confusing by sending it twice?

16 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Once you have all of that sorted out you and get an new interview, you are going to need to get a new medical and updated I-864(s) with tax transcripts and I would do the DS-5540 which was added to the process since the last time you were there.  You are processing a way that most staff at any consulate are not familiar with.  You need to be better prepared.

When the woman gave us the 221g she said we wouldn't need to return for another interview. Was this incorrect? 

Thanks again for the help :)

50 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

When the woman gave us the 221g she said we wouldn't need to return for another interview. Was this incorrect? 

If you had timely filed the required documents you would not need another interview.  Once you get them the documents they will tell you if you need a new interview and other updated documents.  You will definitely need a new medical.  A DS-5540, which is the new public charge document,  would be on them to decide if it is required.

55 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

I sent the transcripts to the address that we were provided. However, I sent it FROM my email address instead of my husband's email address that we used on the CEAC. Should I resend it from his email address, or will this make things confusing by sending it twice?

As long as the case number is on the email it is fine.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

Just a quick question as well as an update. . . 

Update: The embassy was still closed on the date the petition expired, and the CEAC website status changed to “Expired”. We then sent a further email stating we still wished to move forward with the visa, and once the embassy reopened, the status was changed back to “Refused” which I have taken as good news (fingers crossed). We have had no further contact from the Embassy though. I am hoping this is just Covid delays. 

Question: Due to the many delays during this process my husband now qualifies for the IR1 visa. I was wondering what this means for the petition? Has anyone else ever been in this situation, if so what was the outcome? 

TIA :)

4 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

Question: Due to the many delays during this process my husband now qualifies for the IR1 visa. I was wondering what this means for the petition? Has anyone else ever been in this situation, if so what was the outcome? 

Nothing - CR1/IR1 status is determined at the POE.   If you have been married two or more years when entering you (should) receive a 10 year green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.