Jump to content
Vanessamaria

Further documents sent after Medical expired

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello! Sorry in advance as this is super complicated, and might not make any sense. I am a USC with a British husband currently residing in the UK. We went through most of the DCF process last year. When we went to the interview at the London embassy I was told I brought in the wrong tax documents for myself and joint sponsor, to just email the documents, and they would tell us if it was approved. The woman was very rude, and wouldn’t answer any of our questions. I’m sure they deal with a lot of guff when denying people so I didn’t take it too personally, but we were left with a lot of unanswered questions. The only question we were able to get in was, “How long do we have to send this in? Does it have to be soon, can it be five years from now, etc . . .” She said, “Well, that’s up to you.” Which, I took as a yes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to send it in until now (11 months later). Of course, things are very different now with Covid, but I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation? I have a few questions . . .
How long did it take for approval?

If medical and police certificate expired before sending in the further documents did you have to redo all of it? If so, does he have to do another interview or are these things sent over email as well? Do we have to just do the whole process over again?

Basically, just what was your overall experience I guess? Thanks so much in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

Hello! Sorry in advance as this is super complicated, and might not make any sense. I am a USC with a British husband currently residing in the UK. We went through most of the DCF process last year. When we went to the interview at the London embassy I was told I brought in the wrong tax documents for myself and joint sponsor, to just email the documents, and they would tell us if it was approved. The woman was very rude, and wouldn’t answer any of our questions. I’m sure they deal with a lot of guff when denying people so I didn’t take it too personally, but we were left with a lot of unanswered questions. The only question we were able to get in was, “How long do we have to send this in? Does it have to be soon, can it be five years from now, etc . . .” She said, “Well, that’s up to you.” Which, I took as a yes?

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to send it in until now (11 months later). Of course, things are very different now with Covid, but I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation? I have a few questions . . .
How long did it take for approval?

If medical and police certificate expired before sending in the further documents did you have to redo all of it? If so, does he have to do another interview or are these things sent over email as well? Do we have to just do the whole process over again?

Basically, just what was your overall experience I guess? Thanks so much in advance!

You will have to update any expired documents.   The petition doesn't have an expiration date 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

That's what I guessed. Thanks so much for the reply :)

Do your best to atleast contact the consulate or file the documents before the 1 year expires.  While the petition does not expire, after a year the consulate can send the petition back stateside for storage.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Do your best to atleast contact the consulate or file the documents before the 1 year expires.  While the petition does not expire, after a year the consulate can send the petition back stateside for storage.

Thanks for the pointers :)

 

Fingers crossed they still have the petition. We sent the documents from the original RFE this week, but I'm guessing we will get another one asking for a new medical and police certificate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

Fingers crossed they still have the petition

The most likely do.   Normal petitions are not being sent back and forth right now to/from NVC.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again! I have no updates, but have another question. 

 

We have sent the original documents they asked for at the interview. However, I am not sure what I am waiting for now. I am assuming they will ask for the updated medical and police certificate. Is this something we should be sending now, or should we wait until hearing back from them? Does anyone know if at this point we will be receiving a letter or if they respond by email?

 

I know these are very specific questions, and my situation is unique. I have done tons of searching for other people receiving an RFE at interviews (not sure if that's what they are called at the interview point), but have not found anything.  So, it may be a long shot that anyone has these answers. 

 

Thanks in advance! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!
I have a few more questions I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I'm getting really nervous while waiting to hear back, and just want to ease my mind. Sorry if I am over posting just getting super nervous I did something wrong.

1. After I-130s are approved are they sent on somewhere else? I'm a bit confused as to what location is handling our case right now. Therefore, I don't know who to contact, or even if I should contact them for an update?

2. I realized later that I sent the documents from a different email address than we provided when applying. Should I re-send from the email address we provided?

3. I read this on the website about 221g
"If the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit has asked you for additional documents, you are required to scan and email the documents to the following email address: petitionslondon@state.gov."
This is not the email address we were given. Should we be resending to this address?

4. The website said it could take months to years to get a response. I'm going crazy already with anticipation. I can't imagine waiting years! Has anyone else gotten a 221g at interview? How long did it take to get a response?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/28/2020 at 2:46 AM, Vanessamaria said:

I know these are very specific questions, and my situation is unique. I have done tons of searching for other people receiving an RFE at interviews (not sure if that's what they are called at the interview point), but have not found anything. 

221(g) is a consulate soft refuse.  It is not the same as RFE which USCIS issues.  You had one opportunity to get thing right at the consulate the first time.

 

10 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

1. After I-130s are approved are they sent on somewhere else? I'm a bit confused as to what location is handling our case right now. Therefore, I don't know who to contact, or even if I should contact them for an update?

 

Once your I-130 was approved it goes to the consulate.  If they don't hear from you within a year it gets sent to the states for storage and you have to file an I-824 and pay a fee to get it back to the consulate.   Contact the IV unit in london via the web form.

 

You might also be able to log into CEAC and see the status.

 

10 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

2. I realized later that I sent the documents from a different email address than we provided when applying. Should I re-send from the email address we provided?

resend to the correct address.

 

10 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

"If the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit has asked you for additional documents, you are required to scan and email the documents to the following email address: petitionslondon@state.gov."
This is not the email address we were given. Should we be resending to this address?

No you are IMMIGRANT VISA

 

10 hours ago, Vanessamaria said:

4. The website said it could take months to years to get a response. I'm going crazy already with anticipation. I can't imagine waiting years! Has anyone else gotten a 221g at interview? How long did it take to get a response?

Pre COVID a few days to a month or so.   You need to first send it to the correct email.  And remember that the consular section is very limited at this time.

 

Once you have all of that sorted out you and get an new interview, you are going to need to get a new medical and updated I-864(s) with tax transcripts and I would do the DS-5540 which was added to the process since the last time you were there.  You are processing a way that most staff at any consulate are not familiar with.  You need to be better prepared.

 


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the response!

14 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

resend to the correct address.

I sent the transcripts to the address that we were provided. However, I sent it FROM my email address instead of my husband's email address that we used on the CEAC. Should I resend it from his email address, or will this make things confusing by sending it twice?

 

16 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Once you have all of that sorted out you and get an new interview, you are going to need to get a new medical and updated I-864(s) with tax transcripts and I would do the DS-5540 which was added to the process since the last time you were there.  You are processing a way that most staff at any consulate are not familiar with.  You need to be better prepared.

When the woman gave us the 221g she said we wouldn't need to return for another interview. Was this incorrect? 

 

Thanks again for the help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

When the woman gave us the 221g she said we wouldn't need to return for another interview. Was this incorrect? 

If you had timely filed the required documents you would not need another interview.  Once you get them the documents they will tell you if you need a new interview and other updated documents.  You will definitely need a new medical.  A DS-5540, which is the new public charge document,  would be on them to decide if it is required.

 

55 minutes ago, Vanessamaria said:

I sent the transcripts to the address that we were provided. However, I sent it FROM my email address instead of my husband's email address that we used on the CEAC. Should I resend it from his email address, or will this make things confusing by sending it twice?

As long as the case number is on the email it is fine.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...