ag8720

IR-1 NVC Stage Photos?

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

• On the ceac page it is asking for me to upload photos , are these supposed to be newer passport photos and if so, do I scan them being placed dead center of the scanner or can the be placed elsewhere? 
  • Do I submit some of the same documents that I did for the DS-260 for the AOS such as marriage certificate? I don't want to be repetitive and annoy the NVC by repeating the same documents.
  • Lastly I have my wife's police record and it is two pages then a translation. I put them all together and the file size is around 5 mb, I tried to compress it but it is still over 2 mb. Would it be okay to separate the document and just add a note in the comments why I did that or would create a problem?

Thanks for any help that is given

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, ag8720 said:

Hello, 

• On the ceac page it is asking for me to upload photos , are these supposed to be newer passport photos and if so, do I scan them being placed dead center of the scanner or can the be placed elsewhere? 
  • Do I submit some of the same documents that I did for the DS-260 for the AOS such as marriage certificate? I don't want to be repetitive and annoy the NVC by repeating the same documents.
  • Lastly I have my wife's police record and it is two pages then a translation. I put them all together and the file size is around 5 mb, I tried to compress it but it is still over 2 mb. Would it be okay to separate the document and just add a note in the comments why I did that or would create a problem?

Thanks for any help that is given

I just scanned the current passport photos I had. If you have newer passport photos scan them. I think mostly they want to see photos of the two of you together. As for the documents for the AOS, I am assuming you mean Adjustment of Status. Google NVC Adjustment of Status documents or if you know where to go on the NVC website, do what it says to do there. In most cases, yes some documents may be repetitive. If AOS is Affidavit of Support, those documents are your financial statements, ie. IRS transcripts, W-2's, 1099's, any other proof of income. The ceac page is pretty much self explanatory. You can also go to ASK NVC or call NVC and they will answer your questions there. NVC will tell you what documents you need on the summary page of the ceac page at the top right where it says to view messages(if you have any). Also you will get an email telling you to log in to ceac and view your messages. As for the compression issue go to wecompress.com it's free. And no, I would not separate the documents. Be aware that due to COVID-19, offices dealing with immigration are operating with limited staff.

3 hours ago, scudderb56 said:

I just scanned the current passport photos I had. If you have newer passport photos scan them. I think mostly they want to see photos of the two of you together. As for the documents for the AOS, I am assuming you mean Adjustment of Status. Google NVC Adjustment of Status documents or if you know where to go on the NVC website, do what it says to do there. In most cases, yes some documents may be repetitive. If AOS is Affidavit of Support, those documents are your financial statements, ie. IRS transcripts, W-2's, 1099's, any other proof of income. The ceac page is pretty much self explanatory. You can also go to ASK NVC or call NVC and they will answer your questions there. NVC will tell you what documents you need on the summary page of the ceac page at the top right where it says to view messages(if you have any). Also you will get an email telling you to log in to ceac and view your messages. As for the compression issue go to wecompress.com it's free. And no, I would not separate the documents. Be aware that due to COVID-19, offices dealing with immigration are operating with limited staff.

So they want me to upload photos of us as well as the passport photos for the DS-260?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, ag8720 said:

So they want me to upload photos of us as well as the passport photos for the DS-260?

I don't see anywhere on the State Department website where it says to do that. Just passport style photos taken in the last 6 months. Maybe its a option under "other documents" you want to submit? 

Here's instructions for Scanning 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents.html

Here's the NVC Guide from the State Department to help.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

Best of Luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It says here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html That all photos must meet the photo requirements listed. 

Applicants using Form DS-260

If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview. Your photos must be:

• Printed on photo quality paper
  • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

On 5/1/2020 at 2:14 AM, OrihimeandIchigo said:

I don't see anywhere on the State Department website where it says to do that. Just passport style photos taken in the last 6 months. Maybe its a option under "other documents" you want to submit? 

Here's instructions for Scanning 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents.html

Here's the NVC Guide from the State Department to help.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

Best of Luck 

Thank you very much for taking the time and clarifying that. I appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.