Caitlin Kennedy

EAD and AP - Biometrics & list question

5 posts in this topic

We are filing the AOS, EAD and AP at the same time, but do we need to have biometrics results for AP and EAD? I know we definitely need to do one for the 485/AOS.

Also, this is the list we have for the AP and EAD

For the EAD, in red, do we need a biographic page from passport?

I-765 Form and Supporting Documents (Filing concurrently with AOS)

Application for Employment Authorization

1.    Form G-1145 PRINT

2.    Duly accomplished I-765 form FINISH FILING, SIGN AND PRINT

3.    Copy of biographic page from beneficiary passport PHOTOCOPY

4.    Copy of K-1 visa page from beneficiary passport PHOTOCOPY

5.    Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record PHOTOCOPY

6.    (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name, date and A Number on the back WRITE NAME, DATE AND A NUMBER ON BACK OF BOTH

I-131 Form and Supporting Documents (Filing concurrently with AOS)

Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole)

Form G-1145 PRINT

2.    Duly accomplished I-131 form FINISH FILING, SIGN AND PRINT

4.    Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record PHOTOCOPY

5.    (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name, date and A Number on the back WRITE NAME, DATE AND A NUMBER ON BACK OF BOTH

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

We are filing the AOS, EAD and AP at the same time, but do we need to have biometrics results for AP and EAD? I know we definitely need to do one for the 485/AOS.

If you send all three applications (AOS, EAD, AP) in the same envelope, you will get a biometric appointment letter for AOS/EAD and that one appointment will take care of all biometrics needed.

17 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Form G-1145 PRINT

‘This form is to let you know that your envelope (containing 3 applications) arrived in the mail. You only need to send one. Put it on top with the one payment, then the three applications behind it. Sending your package Piority Mail with tracking also lets you know your package arrived

Thanks for confirming regarding the biometrics, figured that was the case but wanted to ask as we have seen different things.

1.    Form G-1145 PRINT

6.    (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name, date and A Number on the back WRITE NAME, DATE AND A NUMBER ON BACK OF BOTH

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Thanks for confirming regarding the biometrics, figured that was the case but wanted to ask as we have seen different things.

1.    Form G-1145 PRINT

The checklist on the USCIS web page for the form lists:

General Requirements

Did you provide the following?

• A copy of your Form I-94, Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record (front and back), a printout of your electronic Form I-94, or your passport or other travel document
  • A copy of your last EAD (if applicable)
  • Two identical passport-style photographs  
  • Form G-28 (if you are represented by an attorney or accredited representative)
  • If you were not previously issued an EAD, you must submit a copy of a government-issued identity document 

Your bio page from the passport serves as photo ID document (last thing in list)

Timeline

@Caitlin Kennedy

This is the list I used a long time ago. I believe it is still accurate except for the brand new I-944 form which goes in the AOS group. Anyway, it might help you.

I-485 (Adjustment of Status)

• Photographs (2) of immigrant (passport type)
  • Photocopy of birth certificate of immigrant with translation
  • Photocopy of passport biographical page and K1 visa page (immigrant)
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by USC) with photocopies of supporting documents: This varies by each applicant so here's generic suggestions: 
  1. Employment letter
  2. 3 tax returns including copies of W2s (Photocopy) or IRS tax transcripts (photocopy) Only 1 year is required
  3. six recent pay stubs (Photocopy)
  • (If needed) Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (by Co-sponsor) with photocopies of supporting documents:
  1. Proof of co-sponsors citizenship/status, ie US birth certificate, bio page of passport, naturalization papers, or LPR status
  2. Employment letter
  3. 3 tax returns including copies of W2s (Photocopy) or IRS tax transcripts (photocopy) Only 1 year is required
  4. six recent pay stubs (Photocopy)
  • Photocopy of I-797 Notice of Action, I-129 Petition Approval (That's your NOA2)
  • Certified copy of Marriage Certificate  (can be photocopy of certified marriage certificate)
  • Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record- (print it out at www.CBP.gov/I94)
  • Form I-693 with the immunization section filled out by a US Civil Surgeon, signed and sealed by him. Read the instructions for the form. OR photocopy of DS-3025 from UK medical if all shots were completed and recorded by Knightsbridge. One or the other, not both.

I-765 (Employment Authorization)

• Photocopy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record 

I-131 (Advance Parole travel document)

• Photocopy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure record

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.