Epiphany

Open letter to the United States Visa processing dept

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Why do you not operate like every other business on the planet?

Even the smallest companies have tracking numbers auto-generated and sent out via email.

Where are my tax dollars going? Can you not upgrade your database to include auto-generated tracking numbers sent out via email?

Do you like getting 3 million phone calls per day asking "whats that status" and "has my package arrived yet"?

Starting tomorrow you could pull the phone people off the massive phone banks and have them type in tracking numbers. Then they could send case status emails and send them to the United States citizens that are waiting to find out whats going on.

Why spend so much time and effort answering millions of phone calls because there is NO case status being emailed to the clients? You are causing the problem and you could be the solution. Hire an expert to diagnose your problems. Take a look at UPS as an example.

Why not have a comprehensive case status auto-generated once per week?

Why not send out emails?

If someone is approved and no NOA2 is sent why not have checks and balances in place that would send out an alert and fix it?

Why not allow people answering the phones to give out tracking info if something gets fouled up?

Why not bring in a private company to fix your broken system?

Its broken! It doesn't work! You need to fix it!

Signed

Frustrated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Signed

Frustrated

Dear Frustrated

At last a kindred spirit ! the trouble is that once we learn to game the system using James' shortcuts , we will be spewed out of the other end of the sausage machine and we won't look back - blotting it out and leaving it to the others who follow in our wake to suffer the slings and arrows of this administrative tripe factory

I have a theory that it can't be this bad by design . It was put in place to lengthen the line at a time in 1801 or something when there were 3 people working at uscis/nvc

There can be no other explanation other than to make the line a year long to sicken off the uncommitted immigrants

It can't be this bad without an evil conspiracy theory - can it ?

Why can't they just send out a ds-230 and add the checking fee of 70 dollars to the IV fee ? and just send the IV form and say 'clip a check to the front'

I mean what is all this sending out bills first ? they could send a bill , for sending the bill, for sending the bill...

Why do they have a PO box number which cannot be accessed by any courier company in the world ?

What is wrong with them ? I could have made the whole place look space age in the beauty and fluidity and ease and efficiency of it's systems when I was 15 and covered in spots and wondering if girls made rude noises too.. Actually the space age was 40 years ago - can you image this lot getting to the moon ?

Thish ish the en vee shee presh 3 to raise your blood preshure, presh 5 to give yourshelf a shtroke, presh 9 to visit the tunnel of deshpair where you will weep alone until we get out bottoms in gear

I am sliding into a cantankerous old age and I might just become a resident complainer once I become a USC instead of a UKS (subject). I might make a hobby out of tormenting them...

Look out USCIS/NVC - I am coming to getcha !

moresheep400100.jpg

Why do you not operate like every other business on the planet?

Even the smallest companies have tracking numbers auto-generated and sent out via email.

Where are my tax dollars going? Can you not upgrade your database to include auto-generated tracking numbers sent out via email?

Do you like getting 3 million phone calls per day asking "whats that status" and "has my package arrived yet"?

Starting tomorrow you could pull the phone people off the massive phone banks and have them type in tracking numbers. Then they could send case status emails and send them to the United States citizens that are waiting to find out whats going on.

Why spend so much time and effort answering millions of phone calls because there is NO case status being emailed to the clients? You are causing the problem and you could be the solution. Hire an expert to diagnose your problems. Take a look at UPS as an example.

Why not have a comprehensive case status auto-generated once per week?

Why not send out emails?

If someone is approved and no NOA2 is sent why not have checks and balances in place that would send out an alert and fix it?

Why not allow people answering the phones to give out tracking info if something gets fouled up?

Why not bring in a private company to fix your broken system?

Its broken! It doesn't work! You need to fix it!

Signed

Frustrated

Yes, it should be fixed.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I read an article not too long ago about how USCIS was offered money and a program to upgrade their systems in order to cut the waiting times in half and increase efficiency. USCIS said No Thanks! Apparently, they make too much money on the "re-application" fees that are due to the long waits. The amount is in the billions.

I get so angry at the fact that Congress wants to bring in 12 million illegals to be processed in this inept system that will get priority over those of us that have been waiting for YEARS!!!! #######!!!!! It makes me made as you know what!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I read an article not too long ago about how USCIS was offered money and a program to upgrade their systems in order to cut the waiting times in half and increase efficiency. USCIS said No Thanks! Apparently, they make too much money on the "re-application" fees that are due to the long waits. The amount is in the billions.

I get so angry at the fact that Congress wants to bring in 12 million illegals to be processed in this inept system that will get priority over those of us that have been waiting for YEARS!!!! #######!!!!! It makes me made as you know what!!!!

I know , these last few days I have been driving 110 miles a day back to my old address for banker's checks etc and fighting with couriers and I am so frazzled with it all- and they are going to let 12 million law breakers have what I have fought for - just like that. I spend all my life trying not to get convictions and be healthy and squeaky clean, just so i can let uscis doctors strip me naked and fondle me around and then be interrogated at the embassy and messed around, and all my private life and assets etc exposed and thousands of dollars taken off me in travel and time and hotels and fees - and these people are going to get it handed on a plate as a reward for successfully evading the law in the middle of the night ?

They have been driving around with no vehicle title and no driving license and no insurance and not paying tax and no health insurance etc etc etc and they will be in front of me ? - in 3 years time (or 5) I will be a USC and what chance my adult son to come and join me ?

Years and years thats what - they will have to stand in line behind these people.

seems that Thatcherism has spread and there is no such thing as society and it's every person for themselves..

ok well if that's the rules then let's play hard ball !

but enough of that - the original post is about the inefficiency of the system - I can see the point about sickening people off so they give up and re-apply later and the USCIS makes money 2 or three times. But if it was just that then they would introduced a $ 5,000 one month fast track with a credit card payment system - you each send a form to uscis, pay by credit card and it comes out as a visa in 1 month. How many of us would not take that ? So I don't go for the money thing -

I think it is awful screaming bad incompetence and blind stupidity. The most obvious answer is sometimes the true one.

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.