H_530

Uploading more Documents to CEAC Portal after submitting

10 posts in this topic

I am uploading documents to the CEAC portal. My spouse( living abroad)  and I (living in the US) have all the necessary documents, except his police certificate from his country. He is unable to get it due to their country being on lockdown for the COVID-19 and we don't know when the office will open for him to get the certificate. Can we upload and submit the documents we have for now and then go back in later and upload and submit the police certificate when we get it? If so, will this delay our process and review time? Should we wait for the certificate before finally submitting all the documents?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 6:07 AM, H_530 said:

I am uploading documents to the CEAC portal. My spouse( living abroad)  and I (living in the US) have all the necessary documents, except his police certificate from his country. He is unable to get it due to their country being on lockdown for the COVID-19 and we don't know when the office will open for him to get the certificate. Can we upload and submit the documents we have for now and then go back in later and upload and submit the police certificate when we get it? If so, will this delay our process and review time? Should we wait for the certificate before finally submitting all the documents?

Hello! It is my understanding (from reading different posts on here and also calling the NVC directly) that you should wait until you have all of your documents and then submit them all together. If you submit without the police certificate, when you go to submit the police certificate, it will send you to the back of the line anyways. It is not as though you can hold your spot in line, is what I have been told. Also, from looking at my CEAC system, you can not upload another document in the the spot where you are supposed to upload the police certificate AFTER you click submit. All of those links are greyed out. So, you would have to attach the police certificate in a different area-- such as under "additional documents". Who knows with the NVC, they might reject based on being uploaded win the wrong area. I wouldn't risk it personally. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Two people lately have reported that they uploaded document not available pcc specifically and were DQed. So it seems this is acceptable due to COVID closures. I did the same and am awaiting review. Best of blessings to you!

On 4/19/2020 at 5:07 AM, H_530 said:

As stated by previous post, i have seen people in other posts that didn't have PCC but got DQ'ed. They stated that they submitted a letter stating the reason and said that PCC will be provided at the interview.

All the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No need to upload a letter. There is a section for document not available. You can mentioned the closures and state you will obtain as soon as it opens and bring to interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, H_530 said:

I see thank you for your response. Is there anything specific you mentioned in the letter or provided proof of for this that would be helpful? Best of luck to you I hope everything gets accepted for you :) 

Hi! I had a very similar question and was worried that submitting the documents without PCC would result in delays when NVC reviewed our documentation. We had to reschedule our PCC appointment thrice in the past month, and then the third time, India's website said the service would be closed until further notice. So, in the comments section after marking PCC not available, we just added an explanation that the institution providing PCC in our country is closed because of the nationwide lockdown, and that the document will be presented at the interview. They accepted all our documents yesterday! Good luck 💛

3 minutes ago, Anmol Yash said:

Hi! I had a very similar question and was worried that submitting the documents without PCC would result in delays when NVC reviewed our documentation. We had to reschedule our PCC appointment thrice in the past month, and then the third time, India's website said the service would be closed until further notice. So, in the comments section after marking PCC not available, we just added an explanation that the institution providing PCC in our country is closed because of the nationwide lockdown, and that the document will be presented at the interview. They accepted all our documents yesterday! Good luck 💛

That’s great! Congrats! Thank you for the response it provides clarity. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.