Sollu

RFE I751 : joint asset & liabilities

3 posts in this topic

Recently I received RFE for I751, I was hoping if someone can help and suggest what else we can add here.

The evidence submitted in totality does not establish , in sufficient detail , joint ownership of assets , joint responsibility for liabilities and an active commingling finances for the duration of marriage. Supporting documentation should cover as much of the martial period as possible and should also indicate joining financial responsibility. Below are documents submitted :

1.2019 job benefit summary which names your spouse as beneficiary, summary also indicates that your healthcare , dental and vision choices are for employee only. This time period does not cover a significant span of your life.

--> My husband was on his parent insurance was turned 26 in may after filling and is under my insurance for all three . Not only that when we had initial green card interview for conditional residence i had shown them as my beneficiary, i could only see the recent one, i cant get the past one.

2.2017 & 2018 tax returns without evidence of being properly filled with appropriate tax authorities.This time period does not cover the entire span of your marriage

--we had filed 2017 tax returns as MFS and amended when we filled taxes in 2019 for 2018 tax year to MFJ, I am sending IRS tax transcript, record which shows we amended.

3. car lease with no names of lease holder and anything .

--We did mistake here, but the lease was taken in 2017 , when my credit score was less and i dont have a driver license as i am afraid of driving , and my husband picks me from work frequently. Lease had my husband name and my mother in law.

4.Joint Bank of america summary indicate usage but does not identify who is making the transactions thus doesn't demonstrate actual commingling and use of the account by both parties during your marriage.

--I am giving both are account page and showing also who made what transaction. Though the account we have used minimal, but we still used it every year.

5.RTN bank statement for april 2019, does not demonstrate actual commingling and use of the account by both parties. 

--my first credit card was in dec 2017 with discover , as i didnt have good credit score i never could have a credit card , even when i applied with my husband i got rejected and i applied for discover card in dec 2017 . I build my credit score and got another one in 2018 .My husband got into nursing school in fall of 2018 after an unsuccessful year in 2017, most of the initial cost we were able to pay through his work payment and through our joint tax money.not only that at the same time we applied for another load which had better interest rate than this one so we added that . I would make transfer money to his account , as we never thought about how a joint saving account will work.

6.three affidavit, one from mother in law stating i live with them.

--we live my husband parent and they own house and all utilities in their name. But i help doing home improvements like patio, doing bathroom upgrade,and we took loan with eastern bank in sept 2019 to upgrade from oil to gas.

7.several pages of photographs but didn't have mention time names,or location, no means of documenting 

--I am preparing list of 50 photographs over the period of year to show our travel, when we were at home and places in US we visited.

8.Joint Travel documents;

--> they didn't said anything here. But i am gonna add more in that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now because of that I am planning to send the document:

1. A letter with explanation

2.Joint bofa account statement along with who the account belongs to

3.education loan with statement that my husband and me took in may2019

4. Beneficiary statement with my husband showing , along with his parental insurance and my insurance that he was under me after may due to age of 26 condition

5.50 Photos and date, time , location.

6.Eastern bank loan with my mother-in law

7.Individual payment sheet and statement showing how we contributed

8. Joint gym membership , with time , application signed, along with payments made through me

9. Sending tmobile bill from sept 2018 onwards, as i cant see beyond it.

10. Tmobile message and call logs between us , along with the message photograph

11. IRS transcript for 2017,2018,2019 , along with my W-2 form

12. A record of hospital emergency situation record  happened in 2017 with my husband name and mine along with our address.

13.Purchases that we did using bestbuy, sears & amazon shipping to our home address

14.Greeting card : Three of them from my mother -in law

15.hotel booking that we did together.

16. Submitting 2 more affidavits

17. showing IRS deposit made in my husband saving account as he was making payments to his school and cars.

I am not sure what else can I add here or what else should I add , as me and my husband in 2017 were just setting up life goals as we both were young, in 2018 we started building our credit and in 2019 we started taking loans and moving towards establishing goals. Not only that I have saved money so that me and my husband can look for homes so that we have enough money to make down payments.

401K --> i was in impression that making him beneficiary in my company will automatically updates that on fidelity, big silly mistake but now he is added in my 401k plan a my beneficiary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are adding good evidence.  You also, in your post above, give very good reasons WHY you did not have what they asked for.  Please include these explanations when you return your RFE package (things like:  I did not have a good credit score, so I could not get a credit card....)

Best of luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi, the documents you are submitting now + the explanation for their queries regarding previous submission look pretty solid.

When did you submit your I-751 or received NOA? Did you have your biometrics(Photo/Fingerprint) taken already? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.