NkemEmeka

Best Fresh Pepper

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, I am sorry for this long silence as I have just came back from Nigeria and my husband & I arrived safely. I am currently using HABANERO PEPPERS to cook our food due to being the only fresh pepper so easily found in the supermarket, however, the habanero peppers are burning my hands very severely every time I cook and I am wondering if there is any FRESH pepper that I can use that will not burn my hands or face, etc...All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi.

I went to my local grocery store and they actually had the dried red peppers that you find in African markets. I must say that I was very surprised when I saw them. They were in the fresh food section near the bell peppers.

Something that I tend to use is the crushed red pepper that is in the spices aisle. I use it on everything.

Zee :)

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Hello, I am sorry for this long silence as I have just came back from Nigeria and my husband & I arrived safely. I am currently using HABANERO PEPPERS to cook our food due to being the only fresh pepper so easily found in the supermarket, however, the habanero peppers are burning my hands very severely every time I cook and I am wondering if there is any FRESH pepper that I can use that will not burn my hands or face, etc...All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much

Well, what i use to cook are the red bell peppers, we Yoruba's call them Tatase, and for the spicy peppers, i use scoch bonnet peppers, they are small enough that you wont need to cut them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The most painful skin irritation that will make me feel like my hands our in fire is when my hands get heat fixed (the fire is on and the peppers are cooking in the soup for some time while I stir in the ingredients for the soup). The reason why I know this is because I also had did an experiment with pre-grounded red peppers without having to cut them and my skin has been attacked. I am confused about the glove part because I am not sure which type of gloves are best for cooking. I will try bonnet peppers or Thai peppers in the international supermarket or Asian supermarket next time

are you burning your hands coz your digging the seeds out. if so split'em & use a small spoon to dig them out. but if its just cutting them thats burning you. thai dragon peppers are small (1" x 1/4") & they have some kick!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.