Ptitchou

Police check during virus closures - Toronto

30 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, jackanddeona said:

update: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Canada.html

Under police, court and prison records it has an update that as of Sept. 10 2018 the requirement is to have a fingerprint check from the rcmp. I phoned my local branch and am in the process of completing that. 

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”      This is the key to the Criminal Check , it has to be issued by the Royal Mountain 

23 minutes ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

How is it going with your criminal check , did you get it yet ? 

ssuing Authority: Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”  

I saw a video of someone who did the wrong police check, it is not a regular police check , it has to be Issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and it has to be certified and it has to say RCMP National Repository entire holdings ....that's why they stress that in the directions , if it doesnt say that they will not accept it and it is based on your finger print even though the finger print will not appear on the criminal check . 

Let me know if you were able to get that done. Everything is shutdown I think we need to wait . Also interviews will not start till everything comes back to life. They are still processing paper work just stopped the in person interviews . They will be behind with that , once they open . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”      This is the key to the Criminal Check , it has to be issued by the Royal Mountain 

ssuing Authority: Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Procedure for Obtaining: To obtain this document, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT.  Do not select “Visa/Border Crossing” as the purpose of the request. You must also specifically request the record which includes the “RCMP National Repository entire holdings.”  

I saw a video of someone who did the wrong police check, it is not a regular police check , it has to be Issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and it has to be certified and it has to say RCMP National Repository entire holdings ....that's why they stress that in the directions , if it doesnt say that they will not accept it and it is based on your finger print even though the finger print will not appear on the criminal check . 

Let me know if you were able to get that done. Everything is shutdown I think we need to wait . Also interviews will not start till everything comes back to life. They are still processing paper work just stopped the in person interviews . They will be behind with that , once they open . 

Yea thats exactly right I ended up finding that after I received my name check which was frustrating. I don't know who can update the guides but the information isn't really correct. Especially for nvc as the whole process was written with the old mail system.

I'm actually about to go get mine right now and the girl at the desk and I actually had to figure it out. There is a difference between a visa check and one under the privacy act so that does have to be requested specifically in that way. From what she told me I guess under the privacy act it pulls up records that were pardoned or are otherwise hidden. 

Once again though I have had zero issues with the rcmp here. Phoned them up, requested a fingerprinting and was scheduled for the following week. But that doesn't mean it's consistently like that I guess.

Timeline
2 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

Yea thats exactly right I ended up finding that after I received my name check which was frustrating. I don't know who can update the guides but the information isn't really correct. Especially for nvc as the whole process was written with the old mail system.

I'm actually about to go get mine right now and the girl at the desk and I actually had to figure it out. There is a difference between a visa check and one under the privacy act so that does have to be requested specifically in that way. From what she told me I guess under the privacy act it pulls up records that were pardoned or are otherwise hidden. 

Once again though I have had zero issues with the rcmp here. Phoned them up, requested a fingerprinting and was scheduled for the following week. But that doesn't mean it's consistently like that I guess.

yeah , I am in Ontario so it's different here dont think I can call them up, I think I know where to go, but it's closed everywhere so I have to wait . All the best !!!

Timeline
On 5/6/2020 at 8:12 PM, Flowergirl 737 said:

yeah , I am in Ontario so it's different here dont think I can call them up, I think I know where to go, but it's closed everywhere so I have to wait . All the best !!!

HI Jack 

Where you able to get your criminal check done ?

In Ontario they are closed I have to wait .....:(

Timeline
On 5/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, Flowergirl 737 said:

HI Jack 

I found a place that is open and made appointment for the finger print criminal check .

On 5/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, Flowergirl 737 said:

HI Jack 

Hi, There are third party services available who are affiliated with RCMP for fingerprinting - Just google it.

We just received our letters from the RCMP this week and we submitted - Hopefully they will be accepted! Hope that helps! Good Luck!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Rajaji90210 said:

Hi, There are third party services available who are affiliated with RCMP for fingerprinting - Just google it.

We just received our letters from the RCMP this week and we submitted - Hopefully they will be accepted! Hope that helps! Good Luck!

thank you , yes i found them 

Interesting. I'm near grande prairie Alberta and when I call the detachment there they tell me they are not doing fingerprinting at this time and call back in 2 weeks. So I resubmitted the documents I was missing and marked the criminal record as not available with an explanation saying I couldn't get it due to covid. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, tgxcanada said:

Interesting. I'm near grande prairie Alberta and when I call the detachment there they tell me they are not doing fingerprinting at this time and call back in 2 weeks. So I resubmitted the documents I was missing and marked the criminal record as not available with an explanation saying I couldn't get it due to covid. 

Haha ok. Fort mcmurray is. Guess it depends on the detachment.

Timeline
22 hours ago, tgxcanada said:

Wish I could get my check done there but they keeping telling me it has to done in your area. Do you know if any cr1 interviews are being waived? 

People have been stating they can't get stuff in the notes of nvc due to covid and being dq'd. Not sure if they would with criminal check but you can't change that you can't get it. You would need to bring it to interview still im sure.

Edited by jackanddeona

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.