bigsim

G-325A Employment Data Question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

All,

The G-325A form asks for my employment history for the last 5 years and I'm a little unsure of what to include. That's what I get for thinking the form looked easy, I suppose.

I've held my present position since November 2004, though I was working part-time hours until January of this year. Between September 2003 and October 2005 I studied Marketing at the University of Teesside. Between September 2001 and June 2003 I studied at Hartlepool Sixth Form College, and I didn't take a 'proper job' between leaving college and starting university.

Since I'm not quite sure what would and wouldn't constitute employment, and being 21 haven't had 5 years since leaving university to amass actual work experience, how much of that information do I need to include and how do they want me to present that? I've checked the example form but it seems to assume 5 years of work experience and/or unemployment, and I'm not sure how I fit into that.

Adam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Even if you held your job as only part time, you still have to put it down as part of your employment history. USCIS doesn't differentiate between a "proper" job or a job you had on the side. And also, any gaps between jobs need to be labeled as unemployed.

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

im similar...had 10 lines in the end, just going from unemployed to part time to unemployed, seeing as i too am 21 and have been in school the last 5 years with just some part time jobs on the side. the important thing to make sure is that you leave no period out, even just a month

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Timeline

Really, boys and girls and others, what I'm a bit muddled about isn't so much the job I hold now (I've had one job. Ever. At all. Even I can list that without messing up, I hope) but the time before that in which all I did was study. Do I need to tell them I studied? Going back 5 years has me at sixth form college (for the non-UK bods, that's the part between school and university) and I have no idea whether I'd need to tell them that or just put 'unemployed July 1985 to xx/yy/20xx or what...any ideas?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

So, I just created my own topic, but I guess I should have read a little further... although my topic is about the residence spot on the G-325A...

Y'all put ALL of your jobs on the sheet? Like if for instance you... worked for 1 and 1/2 months at a University calling alumni for money for about 6-8 hours a week?

Edited by KateandNik

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Filed: Timeline

Adam,

The form is easy, don't make it complicated. You write that you've had one job, from 11/2004 to present? List it that way, no further explanation is necessary.

If it makes you feel comfortable, you can also list below it that you were a student from 09/2001 to 10/2005. Again, no further explanation is necessary.

Yodrak

All,

The G-325A form asks for my employment history for the last 5 years and I'm a little unsure of what to include. That's what I get for thinking the form looked easy, I suppose.

I've held my present position since November 2004, though I was working part-time hours until January of this year. Between September 2003 and October 2005 I studied Marketing at the University of Teesside. Between September 2001 and June 2003 I studied at Hartlepool Sixth Form College, and I didn't take a 'proper job' between leaving college and starting university.

Since I'm not quite sure what would and wouldn't constitute employment, and being 21 haven't had 5 years since leaving university to amass actual work experience, how much of that information do I need to include and how do they want me to present that? I've checked the example form but it seems to assume 5 years of work experience and/or unemployment, and I'm not sure how I fit into that.

Adam

KateandNik,

Don't get rediculous.

Yodrak

Y'all put ALL of your jobs on the sheet? Like if for instance you... worked for 1 and 1/2 months at a University calling alumni for money for about 6-8 hours a week?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I didn't know how picky the people at USCIS are... I worked for the federal government for awhile and had to fill out a form for a background check... They called all my list of references (not job references, but background references) and then had me come in to speak with them about the information I had listed... Although, thinking about it... I guess that more pertained to the fact that I wasn't born in the U.S.

Anyway, thanks again for commenting Yodrak! Sometimes we all need that hand to come down and say "Stop!" :) I really appreciate it!!!

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Timeline

I had to attach additional sheets because I was in the same student-boat. I had jobs for the summers and then none for the school year. So during the parts where I had none, I put "none." They aren't checking your resume in hopes of hiring you - so they won't make value judgments about having periods of "none" or "unemployed," etc.

As mentioned: where the government *does* give clear directions (and they don't always do that - like with what constituted "Evidence", etc) it's best to follow them and not question things. These forms are carefully created to aim for a rather low reading level, which I think ends up causing most people a headache because they think past that low level into "but what are they really asking" territory.

Where something is basic like "list where you've worked for the past 5 years," answer the question.

Best of luck!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.