Brookie

I-485 / 24a.b.c./ J nonimmigrant exchange visitor

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey there, I am ready to fill out form I-485 and I don’t know what to answer on Part 8 General Eligibility and Inadmissibility Grounds, questions 24a.(b. and c.) 

Hopefully someone can help me out. 
I came over on a J1 Visa as a Au-pair. I ended up pregnant with my first born and married while I was on my J1 Visa back then. Everything was fine and I got my Greencard. Due to my moms cancer diagnosis I ended up leaving the U.S., moved back home to be there for her and abandoned my status. 
After 8 years I fell in love with an old friend from my previous town I used to live in the U.S. and just got over on my K1 visa. Trying to fill out the forms and hv trouble answering the specific J visa questions. 
24.a. Have you ever been a J nonimmigrant exchange visitor who was subject to the two-year foreign residence requirement? 
—Do I answer this with yes, since I was an Au-pair starting 10/15/2005 until 09/2006 ( year I got pregnant and got married)

24.b. Have you complied with the foreign residence requirement? 
— What does that mean? Since I stayed before my Au-pair year was over and got married, then No?

Have you been granted a waiver or has Department of State issued a favorable waiver recommendation letter for you? 
— Again, I don’t really get what they want here. I got married and applied for permanent residence and had before I left to my country the 10-year Greencard. I would answer No then? 

Hoping for your guys input, bc I don’t get it. 🤷‍♀️LOL🤦‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

24a Au-pairs are not subject to 2 year.. see your visa sticker and the approval letter. So NO.

24b.  irrelevant

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.