Nicola and Jordan

Funds

3 posts in this topic

So I’m currently waiting to hand my RFE in on April 3rd as requested by USCIS after my GC interview 3 weeks ago.  My question is, if my office closes down (I’m in Manhattan, NYC) I won’t get paid and I’m guessing I won’t be allowed the funding that might be offered From the government to those who are struggling, is that correct? What can I do? 
I would be ok for a couple of weeks as we have savings and my husband is working from home, but if it’s long term then I need to plan for it. 

Sorry if this has been asked, I’ve been looking through threads and couldn’t see it.

thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Those details have not been ironed out however I know our legislators are not inconsiderate and I expect them to try to address such issues by backdating the effective date just like they normally do when passing immigration reform/amnesty bills etc.

You will definitely know in the next few days. In any case I assume you have been working long enough to be eligible for unemployment benefits?

I wish you the best under challenging circumstances.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

46 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Those details have not been ironed out however I know our legislators are not inconsiderate and I expect them to try to address such issues by backdating the effective date just like they normally do when passing immigration reform/amnesty bills etc.

You will definitely know in the next few days. In any case I assume you have been working long enough to be eligible for unemployment benefits?

I wish you the best under challenging circumstances.

Thank you for you reply. I have only been working since October, I'm hoping if it does happen it will just be for a couple of weeks anymore and I will be worried. Like you said everything is still getting ironed out so maybe I will just sit and wait, I just didn't know if I had missed anything anywhere. Thanks again and stay safe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.