hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Snore22 said:

Thanks! I'll check with DOS first. Did you attached the third party barcode when you email DOS or was just the NOS? 

Did you have your waiver already or how's your timeline so far? 

I only quoted my full name, date of birth, case number, waiver category (NOS) and then reason for contacting them. Also I indicated my case number and waiver category as the subject of the email. 

I submitted my application on June 30th. Everything was updated on the DOS website as at July 7th, except NOS. I contacted them in August for the NOS and they uploaded it and backdated it to July 6th. The waiver is still pending. This week would make it 10th week and I hope I get FR soon. 

10 hours ago, MpetN said:

I only quoted my full name, date of birth, case number, waiver category (NOS) and then reason for contacting them. Also I indicated my case number and waiver category as the subject of the email. 

I submitted my application on June 30th. Everything was updated on the DOS website as at July 7th, except NOS. I contacted them in August for the NOS and they uploaded it and backdated it to July 6th. The waiver is still pending. This week would make it 10th week and I hope I get FR soon. 

Hi MpetN! 

Thanks for your tips. I just wrote to DOS and attached the NOS in the email as you suggested. 

Did you actually received any answer from them or was just those automatic reply but your NOS got updated in the system? 

2 hours ago, Snore22 said:

Hi MpetN! 

Thanks for your tips. I just wrote to DOS and attached the NOS in the email as you suggested. 

Did you actually received any answer from them or was just those automatic reply but your NOS got updated in the system? 

I first got the automatic reply, after which the DOS was uploaded. And then they replied after about 6 working days. I wish you the best. 

On 9/20/2022 at 7:24 PM, MpetN said:

I first got the automatic reply, after which the DOS was uploaded. And then they replied after about 6 working days. I wish you the best. 

Hi MpetN 

Just to say that I did send the email to DOS with my NOS,the officer answered me saying they received my NOS from embassy and today it’s showing up it the system! Thank you so much for you tip and I hope you get your FR soon! Keep us updated :) 

Hi Guys,

I have finally gotten a FR.  My timeline:

- Docs sent 03/02
- NOS sent by the Embassy 03/09
- Docs marked as received 04/06
- NOS marked as received 04/05 (entered into the system on 07/29; in the meantime the Embassy sent a digital copy twice and I sent several emails to the public inquiries)
- FR 09/23 !!!:)

I have also requested expedited processing and asked a congressional office for help. The expedited processing was refused, and I have never gotten any feedback from the congressional office - they said they had sent an inquiry and a follow-up, but never came back to me.

It was a long story, but I am so happy it is close to an end. Thank you for your support guys, I will update you on the next steps. GOOD LUCK to all!

Edited by konrad89

Hello Guys,

One week after FR had shown up in the system (FR 09/23), I received a receipt notice from the USCIS. However, I have not received any hard copy of the FR from the DOS. I thought they would send me it in one of the envelopes we had to provide them together with the docs. Did they change the procedure or should I contact them and ask for it?

I analyzed a few cases posted by you here, and looks like some of you, e.g. @ctbply received a hard copy from the DOS, and others, e.g., @Amoyar_Dever or @Rimssk reported only receiving a receipt notice form the USCIS.

Could someone clarify if it is random or they changed something in the meantime?  

Thank you!

Edited by konrad89

20 minutes ago, konrad89 said:

Hello Guys,

One week after FR had shown up in the system (FR 09/23), I received a receipt notice from the USCIS. However, I have not received any hard copy of the FR from the DOS. I thought they would send me it in one of the envelopes we had to provide them together with the docs. Did they change the procedure or should I contact them and ask for it?

I analyzed a few cases posted by you here, and looks like some of you, e.g. @ctbply received a hard copy from the DOS, and others, e.g., @Amoyar_Dever or @Rimssk reported only receiving a receipt notice form the USCIS.

Could someone clarify if it is random or they changed something in the meantime?  

Thank you!

I got the hardcopy in the envelope that i had provided initially. Not sure if there is any policy change. Good luck!

On 10/1/2022 at 2:56 PM, konrad89 said:

Hello Guys,

Thank you!

Hi @konrad89

I never recieved a hard copy from DOS but did receive an email from DOS that FR sent to USCIS and then receipt from USCIS and the finally the waiver copy from USCIS.

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Rims

Hi everyone! 
I received a favorable recommendation from DOS last oct 5th. What happens now? 
does anyone know long will take to receive my case number? I saw some people find the case number by chatting with someone. What’s is the website? 

thanks a lot! 

Apparently DOS is doing things faster. It took only 32 days for my fav recommendation, and I had sponsor views. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, konrad89 said:

Update:
09/28 - USCIS received the case from DOS
10/05 - Case approved!!!

Regarding the hard copy of the FR, I sent an email to 212ewaiver, but have not received any reply. My international office in principle wants this as part of the H1B application package, although it is not really needed for H1B.

Hi @konrad89 did you received your approval from USCIS only 7 days from receiving from DOS? Do you know your center? Mine is 15 days today and nothing so far since USCIS received, they transferred to another office. 

1 minute ago, Snore22 said:

Hi @konrad89 did you received your approval from USCIS only 7 days from receiving from DOS? Do you know your center? Mine is 15 days today and nothing so far since USCIS received, they transferred to another office. 

Yes, it was very fast in my case. In my approval notice I saw Vermont. The case has been transferred there right after the USCIS had received it (I saw it in case history).

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I would have a quick inquiry. I wonder if there is anyone submitting their documents to DOS for J1 waiver on the basis of NOS in May-June who has been granted FR by DOS. 

I sent my documents to DOS in late May. My Embassy sent their NOS letter to DOS in early June. It has been 5 months and my case is still pending with DOS. They have not even updated the status of my NOS as "received" in their system despite several reminder emails I sent them in this regard. Could you please advise?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.