hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, asmacan said:

This is good news for you, i have no information about it, can you give a little detail for starting H1-B process without getting formal J1-waiver

? i may ask to my program also about it, thank you

Upon the recent reply, I don't have something to add!

Edited by TOC

6 hours ago, español1974 said:

Dear fellow travelers,

I have received the FR.

Thank you all for your contributions and timelines. I hope you all achieve your goals.

image.png.a20ac22b767dd2fc277cf45984b71a59.png

That's really good news, and thanks for sharing. 

BTW, how you managed to jump the queue? Date wise we several applicants were before you. But none of us have decision as of now.  

Hello, 

I've been a lurker on this forum since about February. I first submitted documents Nov 13th, cheque cashed Nov 17th and NOS sent early Dec. My documents finally were updated last Tuesday and the NOS yesterday. 

541373529_ScreenShot2022-04-06at8_29_02AM.thumb.png.914873b04397cfb670e8457054b4dbb3.png

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it takes until they request for sponsor views? I've gone back a bit through this thread and I've seen one that didn't have views sent until several months later! 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, rianno said:

Hello, 

I've been a lurker on this forum since about February. I first submitted documents Nov 13th, cheque cashed Nov 17th and NOS sent early Dec. My documents finally were updated last Tuesday and the NOS yesterday. 

541373529_ScreenShot2022-04-06at8_29_02AM.thumb.png.914873b04397cfb670e8457054b4dbb3.png

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it takes until they request for sponsor views? I've gone back a bit through this thread and I've seen one that didn't have views sent until several months later! 

Thanks

Who is your sponsor?

My sponsor is NIH. I'm waiting to receive request for sponsor views since Feb 10.

5 hours ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Esa es una muy buena noticia, y gracias por compartir. 

Por cierto, ¿cómo te las arreglaste para saltarte la cola? En cuanto a la fecha, varios solicitantes estuvimos antes que usted. Pero ninguno de nosotros tiene una decisión a partir de ahora.  

I have no idea why they considered my request before others. Nor because some of December's documents were published before mine.

My sponsor is a board of education and it should be simple.

It may also be that he is a waiver for being awarded in the DV Program and there is speed with these cases in USCIS and in DoS. But it's all talk for talk. In the US administrative procedures are a bit peculiar. We continue with our process.

53 minutes ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Who is your sponsor?

My sponsor is NIH. I'm waiting to receive request for sponsor views since Feb 10.

NIH also. So, just to clarify you haven't gotten an update on the system saying they've sent a request to NIH and NIH hasn't reached out to you either? 

Thanks for sharing! The amount of time this waiver takes is unbelievable. 

8 minutes ago, rianno said:

NIH also. So, just to clarify you haven't gotten an update on the system saying they've sent a request to NIH and NIH hasn't reached out to you either? 

Thanks for sharing! The amount of time this waiver takes is unbelievable. 

Good to see one more NIHer. 

- System doesn't indicate that request for sponsor views has been sent

- NIH hasn't reached out to me as of now.

I'm short on time so asked DIS to initiate the process of issuing NOS (employment verification etc.) but they denied to do so. They are waiting for the OFFICIAL REQUEST from DoS/WRD.

Please keep posted about your case updates.

8 hours ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

That's really good news, and thanks for sharing. 

BTW, how you managed to jump the queue? Date wise we several applicants were before you. But none of us have decision as of now.  

There is no queue - they process applications on their own discretion.

25 minutes ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Ohh.. then what's that "first in first out" thing DoS/WRD write in their email response?

i can only assume that it depends on many factors, like when an application was deemed complete or last reviewed by someone, or maybe there is a stack of "straightforward" and "needs detailed review" cases - i've seen results be very much all over the place in terms of timing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.