hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I applied for J1 waiver to Dos in September 2021. The mail tracking shows that the documents were received on September 24, 2021 and the Indian embassy sent the NOC on Oct 4, 2021. J1 waiver tracking portal shows nothing till today. I am really stressed about it. Is it normal?

Looking forward to any recommendations. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, palvi07 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I applied for J1 waiver to Dos in September 2021. The mail tracking shows that the documents were received on September 24, 2021 and the Indian embassy sent the NOC on Oct 4, 2021. J1 waiver tracking portal shows nothing till today. I am really stressed about it. Is it normal?

Yes. It is perfectly normal. Expect your case to show up at least 4 months after the documentation was received. It’s all about patience. 

Some of us observed that from Sept first week approximately there has been no update on the applications sent to St Louis. May be they changed something on their end and hence no update. As such we dont have any idea on how they will process the applications sent Sept onwards. On the other hand FR has been given to applications sent around July 22nd. August and some applications from July and Sept still waiting to get FR. Few complicated/isolated cases may have different timelines. So here I request Sept onwards applicants lets get together.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:01 PM, kam19 said:

My timeline:

Posted all dosuments (except NOS) on May 28th.

Embassy sent NOS on Spetember 10th.

All documents except NOS updated on system on July 20-21.

NOS appears as received on system Oct 28th but backdated to July 20.

No updates since October.

Sent an email to the 212ewaiver address today and got the autoreply saying replies take 10-15 business days.

Meanwhile, J1 DS2019 expires Jan10, 2022.

Any idea when I can hope for an update based all your experiences? Any insight appreciated.

Thanks!

image.png.fbc6b1b3b4597dc29d537676a9611b62.png

Tried live agent chat several times since yesterday and finally an agent was able to get me a receipt number.

I still haven't received any physical mail from DoS or USCIS. 

I am a little worried that it says received at another office. If anyone has any insights into that, please let me know. 

Good luck to everyone and a happy new year!

image.thumb.png.0d22f0e4d3391c905563eb807cfeee62.png

14 minutes ago, kam19 said:

Tried live agent chat several times since yesterday and finally an agent was able to get me a receipt number.

I still haven't received any physical mail from DoS or USCIS. 

I am a little worried that it says received at another office. If anyone has any insights into that, please let me know. 

Good luck to everyone and a happy new year!

image.thumb.png.0d22f0e4d3391c905563eb807cfeee62.png

Hi, good luck with your waiver! 

Just wondering what is the current status on dos portal? is it still 'Pending' and still USCIS case was opened, or you got a FR 

thanks

3 minutes ago, Lako said:

Hi, good luck with your waiver! 

Just wondering what is the current status on dos portal? is it still 'Pending' and still USCIS case was opened, or you got a FR 

thanks

Hi Lako,

I quoted the wrong entry. DoS status showed FR on December 21.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, palvi07 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Any update?

On 1/4/2022 at 9:39 AM, etcoflife said:

Some of us observed that from Sept first week approximately there has been no update on the applications sent to St Louis. May be they changed something on their end and hence no update. As such we dont have any idea on how they will process the applications sent Sept onwards. On the other hand FR has been given to applications sent around July 22nd. August and some applications from July and Sept still waiting to get FR. Few complicated/isolated cases may have different timelines. So here I request Sept onwards applicants lets get together.

Any update?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Update:

Requested my local congressional office to raise an inquiry with the J1 waiver office today. They have already raised the inquiry with the J1 waiver office and are now waiting to hear from them.

My case timeline :

Docs mailed via USPS: July 28, 2021

Docs delivered @ St. Louis: July 31, 2021

Status update on J1 waiver website: September 28, 2021

NOS sent by the embassy: October 21, 2021

NOS updated on J1 waiver website: November 19, 2021(showed up dated September 27, 2021)

Hoping the congressional inquiry may trigger a step forward.

j1 status - nov 19.JPG

3 hours ago, yoper13 said:

Update:

Requested my local congressional office to raise an inquiry with the J1 waiver office today. They have already raised the inquiry with the J1 waiver office and are now waiting to hear from them.

My case timeline :

Docs mailed via USPS: July 28, 2021

Docs delivered @ St. Louis: July 31, 2021

Status update on J1 waiver website: September 28, 2021

NOS sent by the embassy: October 21, 2021

NOS updated on J1 waiver website: November 19, 2021(showed up dated September 27, 2021)

Hoping the congressional inquiry may trigger a step forward.

j1 status - nov 19.JPG

Hi, how did you locate the local congressional office contact? And,  are you expecting the sponsor views step as well? 

2 hours ago, Lako said:

Hi, how did you locate the local congressional office contact? And,  are you expecting the sponsor views step as well? 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Click on this link and input your ZIP. It will list name of the of the congressman that serve your area. Could you please share your timeline? Are you out of US currently?

25 minutes ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Click on this link and input your ZIP. It will list name of the of the congressman that serve your area. Could you please share your timeline? Are you out of US currently?

Yes, meanwhile, I relocated to Canada. 
This is my timeline. I got a US government funding so expecting that they will request sponsor views.

Do you know if I can contact to any congressman from outside the US?

1261546007_ScreenShot2021-11-18at11_44_26AM.thumb.png.5761fb0a8515ca525b8e25933ed3ffbc.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.