EnglishLove

e-requests from not received combo card

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husbands AP case was approved on February 11th. I was told his is normally a combo card of EAD/AP that comes in the mail when the case is approved. I have not received anything in the mail and on USCIS website, it says if nothing has come in the mail by 26th of February, to send in a e-request. Has anyone else done this and if so, how long did it take to come in after you put in the request?

8 hours ago, Pooley said:

My husbands AP case was approved on February 11th. I was told his is normally a combo card of EAD/AP that comes in the mail when the case is approved. I have not received anything in the mail and on USCIS website, it says if nothing has come in the mail by 26th of February, to send in a e-request. Has anyone else done this and if so, how long did it take to come in after you put in the request?

Has he received other mail at your address? Did you add his name to your mailbox? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Has he received other mail at your address? Did you add his name to your mailbox? 

Yes we have received stuff here and his name is added to the mailbox. I don’t know why this hasn’t shown up in the mail yet but online it says approved 

23 hours ago, Pooley said:

I may have missed this answer but has your case status moved passed "Approved" to "Card Being Produced"? The case update system can be very bad but if not it may be worth calling and speaking to a Tier 2 officer asking why.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

I may have missed this answer but has your case status moved passed "Approved" to "Card Being Produced"? The case update system can be very bad but if not it may be worth calling and speaking to a Tier 2 officer asking why.

I just sent another email. I will keep at them until I hear something back. I understand they're busy but this is people's lives they are messing with. It's super frustrating and after over a year of doing nothing but waiting, I'm getting irritated lol.  

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, jmn1012 said:

Do you know how I would go about getting a hold of them? I just get an automated recording. I've sent it 3 e-requests and today I received a reply back but it was addressed to someone else stating the case type being inquired about is not supported by the USCIS. I'm getting super frustrated because I'm getting no results

4 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Do you know how I would go about getting a hold of them? I just get an automated recording. I've sent it 3 e-requests and today I received a reply back but it was addressed to someone else stating the case type being inquired about is not supported by the USCIS. I'm getting super frustrated because I'm getting no results

I have just been on a call with them!!

Dial 1-800-375-5283. When they answer press 1,1,2,2 and follow the prompt to enter the receipt numbers. Hope you have more luck than I!! :) 

Timeline
Just now, jmn1012 said:

Dial 1-800-375-5283. When they answer press 1,1,2,2 and follow the prompt to enter the receipt numbers. Hope you have more luck than I!! :) 

You talked with an actual person?!?! I'll call right now! Thank you!

Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, jmn1012 said:

Were you ever able to talk to a person instead of just getting the automated message? I guess USCIS called my husband this morning but he was unable to answer it. I received another email (this time it was actually addressed to him) saying that they called and to call that number and when I put in the receipt number, it just says my case approved and they sent notice in the mail. I tired doing another e-request but it says Existing Inquiring Found and I can't do another one. I really need that combo card but I'm at such a loss on how about going and getting that card resent to me 

4 minutes ago, Pooley said:

Were you ever able to talk to a person instead of just getting the automated message? I guess USCIS called my husband this morning but he was unable to answer it. I received another email (this time it was actually addressed to him) saying that they called and to call that number and when I put in the receipt number, it just says my case approved and they sent notice in the mail. I tired doing another e-request but it says Existing Inquiring Found and I can't do another one. I really need that combo card but I'm at such a loss on how about going and getting that card resent to me 

Hi, Yes. was a real human being. Wasn't a smart human but a real one. Dialed the 800 number above. Once answered pressed 1122, then entered my receipt number and press 1 to confirm receipt number. Tells you that all calls will be answered in order and then a wait time........

Timeline
Just now, jmn1012 said:

Hi, Yes. was a real human being. Wasn't a smart human but a real one. Dialed the 800 number above. Once answered pressed 1122, then entered my receipt number and press 1 to confirm receipt number. Tells you that all calls will be answered in order and then a wait time........

I did the same thing. It's just an automated message saying my case was approved. I waited on the line and it just says to check on another case, to enter that receipt number. I'll try again, but I called that exact number this morning and did those same steps

7 minutes ago, Pooley said:

I did the same thing. It's just an automated message saying my case was approved. I waited on the line and it just says to check on another case, to enter that receipt number. I'll try again, but I called that exact number this morning and did those same steps

That is weird. I just entered a case of my own that has the status "Approved" and I get the same responses as before and the wait time is only 3-5 mins!!!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

That is weird. I just entered a case of my own that has the status "Approved" and I get the same responses as before and the wait time is only 3-5 mins!!!

Finally got through to someone! Basically, for some reason, my case is mixed with this Alejandra person and she said she has no idea why and it's mess but will fix it and had to send me to the higher up's and now I'm waiting for a call back.

1 hour ago, Pooley said:

Finally got through to someone! Basically, for some reason, my case is mixed with this Alejandra person and she said she has no idea why and it's mess but will fix it and had to send me to the higher up's and now I'm waiting for a call back.

I hope it all works out for you. Unfortunately you may still be waiting a week or so if they have reproduce the card :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.