Immigirl22

Expedited - Do I schedule an Interview or wait for the US Embassy Manila to send me an email?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I NEED HELP!

Our case has been approved for expedite but apparently, the CSRs when I called the US embassy manila said to wait for the email because because the schedule will be from them.

I read here though that I can already schedule an interview! How do I proceed?

Thank you in advance.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Immigirl22 said:

Hello,

I NEED HELP!

Our case has been approved for expedite but apparently, the CSRs when I called the US embassy manila said to wait for the email because because the schedule will be from them.

Thank you in advance.

Hi may I ask when did u send ur expedite email? Have u receive acknowledgement email? And when did you receive the expedite approval? Sorry for so many questions cause I sent expedite email as well last15th Feb and no response yet. Thank you 

Edited by inxthink

Timeline

Hi @inxthink

Feb 01, 2020 - Expedite Letter Sent
Feb 06, 2020 - Request to Expedite Acknowledged
Feb 19, 2020 - Expedite Request Approved

The approval took a long time since they waited for us to complete the doc upload in the NVC site. After we completed it, the status changed to "IN TRANSIT" and then to "READY" in the CEAC site.

By the way, we are in the F3 category.

If someone can help me please? I called US Embassy Manila again and I was told to wait for the email from the US Embassy that will contain our interview appointment since we are expedited. Is that so?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Immigirl22 said:

Hi @inxthink

Feb 01, 2020 - Expedite Letter Sent
Feb 06, 2020 - Request to Expedite Acknowledged
Feb 19, 2020 - Expedite Request Approved

The approval took a long time since they waited for us to complete the doc upload in the NVC site. After we completed it, the status changed to "IN TRANSIT" and then to "READY" in the CEAC site.

By the way, we are in the F3 category.

If someone can help me please? I called US Embassy Manila again and I was told to wait for the email from the US Embassy that will contain our interview appointment since we are expedited. Is that so?

Thank you so much for the immediate response. As far as I know once ur status is READY ur the one who will make a sched of ur interview. 

Timeline

UPDATE:

We just received the schedule from the US embassy Manila today. We are schedule on March 17, 2020.

It is a bit odd though because the Medical Exam is also scheduled with date and time.

All good now!  🙂

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Immigirl22 said:

UPDATE:

We just received the schedule from the US embassy Manila today. We are schedule on March 17, 2020.

It is a bit odd though because the Medical Exam is also scheduled with date and time.

All good now!  🙂

Wow thats great congratulations! Best of luck 😊😊😊

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Immigirl22 said:

Hello,

I NEED HELP!

Thank you in advance.

Yes, you can schedule your own interview.. BUT NOT UNTIL your case file has arrived at USEM, until then you can not schedule your interview.   

Watch for CEAC status to show READY.

If you call to schedule (once CEAC status shows READY) they will still ask you if you received the letter/email from the embassy, embassy can be very slow sending this letter/email .. you could say "yes" as the letter/email is mostly a Welcome Letter with a link to the embassy website (which I will give you)  Or you could schedule your interview online yourself.    

Visa process guide (with links to the embassy website)  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Immigirl22 said:

UPDATE:

All good now!  🙂

Ah... I see I was slow with my other posting.

That is new that the embassy scheduled your interview for you and then sent you a letter with the dates.    Interesting.

That is odd they gave you a date/time for the medical as St. Luke's is walk-in, first come - first served.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Immigirl22 said:

Yes, I was already about to book when we received the email.

Here's the copy (not the whole letter) but you will see that the US Embassy Manila scheduled it.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 5.50.05 PM.png

That is very cool!  Thanks for the info.   I am impressed that the embassy is "that on the ball" and is now scheduling the interviews for those that EXPEDITE.  (need to update my website ;) )

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

That is very cool!  Thanks for the info.   I am impressed that the embassy is "that on the ball" and is now scheduling the interviews for those that EXPEDITE.  (need to update my website ;) )

Hi Hank, I read of someone who got to expedite because they want to spend the spouse's birthday together. I didn't realize that's a valid reason to expedite. Is it common to not need a pressing reason? Thanks

OP, sorry to hijack your post.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, noypi321 said:

Hi Hank, I read of someone who got to expedite because they want to spend the spouse's birthday together. I didn't realize that's a valid reason to expedite. Is it common to not need a pressing reason? Thanks

OP, sorry to hijack your post.

Doesn't seem like a valid reason to me, but if NVC and the embassy bite on it .. all the power to them

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.