smoothsailing123

HK Police Certificate/CNCC for NVC

4 posts in this topic

Hi all. I've spent a lot of time searching for answers for these questions, but haven't been able to find them in past topics.

I have some questions for anyone that has been through the IR1/CR1 NVC process requiring a Hong Kong police certificate. Unlike most police certificates, Hong Kong says that they mail it directly to the consulate/NVC for you. Therefore, what should we include for this part when submitting our IV application/civil documents on CEAC? Just our receipt from the HK Police? Will NVC know to not expect our HK police certificate to be attached? Or do we need to mention it?

Additionally, in order to receive a HK Police Certificate, the website (https://hk.usconsulate.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/related-information/police-clearances-hk-mo/) says the applicant needs "the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates)"  Is the NOA2 and NVC welcome letter good enough to meet this requirement, or is another, more specific letter from NVC required?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Smoothsailing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, smoothsailing123 said:

Hi all. I've spent a lot of time searching for answers for these questions, but haven't been able to find them in past topics.

I have some questions for anyone that has been through the IR1/CR1 NVC process requiring a Hong Kong police certificate. Unlike most police certificates, Hong Kong says that they mail it directly to the consulate/NVC for you. Therefore, what should we include for this part when submitting our IV application/civil documents on CEAC? Just our receipt from the HK Police? Will NVC know to not expect our HK police certificate to be attached? Or do we need to mention it?

Additionally, in order to receive a HK Police Certificate, the website (https://hk.usconsulate.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/related-information/police-clearances-hk-mo/) says the applicant needs "the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates)"  Is the NOA2 and NVC welcome letter good enough to meet this requirement, or is another, more specific letter from NVC required?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Smoothsailing

Print a copy of the e-mail from NVC with the case number, location of interview, and the need for PCC. Send/bring it with you if you request HKPCC in person. 

In my case, I used a third party so I had to make a cover letter for that. 

Once you get the receipt, upload it on your CEAC account under HK PCC and write a note beside it. Tell them that it is HK’s policy that they will send it straight to the US consulate where you will have your interview. Not all officers reviewing cases know about this. I did this too. Our lawyer uploaded without explanation and it was rejected and we got delayed for additional 3weeks. I then wrote a long note beside it and was accepted.

I requested mine Feb 2019 and had my interview in Montreal Nov 2019.

Edited by Kartineecartoons
Wrong spelling

On 2/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Kartineecartoons said:

Print a copy of the e-mail from NVC with the case number, location of interview, and the need for PCC. Send/bring it with you if you request HKPCC in person. 

In my case, I used a third party so I had to make a cover letter for that. 

Once you get the receipt, upload it on your CEAC account under HK PCC and write a note beside it. Tell them that it is HK’s policy that they will send it straight to the US consulate where you will have your interview. Not all officers reviewing cases know about this. I did this too. Our lawyer uploaded without explanation and it was rejected and we got delayed for additional 3weeks. I then wrote a long note beside it and was accepted.

I requested mine Feb 2019 and had my interview in Montreal Nov 2019.

Thank you so much for the thorough response! We will do that. Really appreciated.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.