Jump to content

Soon to file I751 - Need help.

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Country: Serbia

Hello fellow immigrants.


Before I post my question here is a brief explanation of my situation. I have a conditional green card through marriage that expires in June. My spouse doesn't have a job atm, so I'm the only one working. We also don't have a house lease since we live with in laws. No kids for now too. 


This is the evidence we have collected so far:


mutual photos

joint tax returns 2018&2019

joint checking account that we both use

3 credit cards accounts where my spouse is an authorized user 

mutual dental insurance

my work documentation where he is a contact person

my school documentation where he is a contact person

work documents that show him as my dependent

joint savings account 


The last bit of evidence that we have is car loan that's in my name but his mom is a co signer. Here is the tricky question? Do I include that with the evidence?


Car insurance for that vehicle is in his name even tho I am the owner. Should I include those together?


One last question - Does this seem like enough evidence? , or should I add more:


Written statements from our friends and family

Receipts of gifts we have bought to each other in these 2 years

Hotel reservation for upcoming trip in May 

Social Media posts

Phone, text, social media chat between us too. I'm away from home a lot so we text and call all the time. 


I hope I made myself clear with the post, I'm a bit nervous about doing all this :)


Thank you so much in advance.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia

Get an affidavit from your in-laws stating that you both live with them.


Check your auto insurance.  It doesn't matter who is on the bill, but BOTH of your names need to be listed as insured.  It might not be on the first page of your policy - but make sure BOTH names are there.  If they are not, then call the insurance company and make it happen.


You can add the upcoming hotel reservation (if both names are on the reservation), but that is really secondary evidence.  What you have is pretty good - but do get that affidavit.  Make sure the in-laws state that both of you live there, and for how long you have been (or are going to) live there.


Good luck!


Sukie in NY




Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...