Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

please, I want to know how long on average does the embassy reply after request for documents. I was told to submit more text messages between me and wife to show on going relationship and also w2. The medical they requested has been forwarded to them from the health facility. But for almost 12 days now that isn't the documents via DHL I've not heard from them.  Please how long base in experience does it take for them to respond. Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ksun said:

please, I want to know how long on average does the embassy reply after request for documents. I was told to submit more text messages between me and wife to show on going relationship and also w2. The medical they requested has been forwarded to them from the health facility. But for almost 12 days now that isn't the documents via DHL I've not heard from them.  Please how long base in experience does it take for them to respond. Thanks 

We are on the same boat. My interview was Nov 17th, I was asked to submit my credentials along with my passport which I did on the same day at DHL after my interview. Till date no response. However, my status has changed from "refused" to "ready" on the ceac visa status check site. I dont know why that is.

1 hour ago, Kamozee said:

We are on the same boat. My interview was Nov 17th, I was asked to submit my credentials along with my passport which I did on the same day at DHL after my interview. Till date no response. However, my status has changed from "refused" to "ready" on the ceac visa status check site. I dont know why that is.

Waooo  I did my interview on 3rd December. I submitted required documents on 4th but my status is still in refused. thanks for sharing your experience.  God will see us through.  I hope I can be with my family this Xmas. please when did they change ur status, I mean when exactly did they change it to ready. And have u submitted ur passport. Mine is still with me

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ksun said:

Waooo  I did my interview on 3rd December. I submitted required documents on 4th but my status is still in refused. thanks for sharing your experience.  God will see us through.  I hope I can be with my family this Xmas. please when did they change ur status, I mean when exactly did they change it to ready. And have u submitted ur passport. Mine is still with me

My status changed just yesterday from "refused ". I submitted my passport along with my credentials. On the form they gave you, what did they tick? If passport was among items they ticked then you should have submitted your passport along with the other documents, but if not then they will request it when they're ready. 

7 minutes ago, Kamozee said:

My status changed just yesterday from "refused ". I submitted my passport along with my credentials. On the form they gave you, what did they tick? If passport was among items they ticked then you should have submitted your passport along with the other documents, but if not then they will request it when they're ready. 

They didn't tick passport 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Ksun said:

please, I want to know how long on average does the embassy reply after request for documents. I was told to submit more text messages between me and wife to show on going relationship and also w2. The medical they requested has been forwarded to them from the health facility. But for almost 12 days now that isn't the documents via DHL I've not heard from them.  Please how long base in experience does it take for them to respond.

They don't have specific time or date when it comes to embassy. Have patience. Just be sure that you will hear from them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kamozee said:

Refused-Ready-Issued. 

Refused-Administrative Processing-Issued.

Congratulation you'll be receiving your visa soonest

Timeline

Good day house, I have my interview today and all went well, I was given a white pamphlet for my right in US and also was given another form to submit my Waec certificate and my wife recent tax transcripts... Now my first question is

1. Does the white pamphlet means visa is issued  

2 the CO told me to submit my international passport along with my wife tax return and waec certificate but he never tick it on the form for me to submit my international passport. He only tick the other two documents but he said I should submit my international passport along with it. 

3 with different stories have heard on visajoutney DHL won't collect my international passport if it's not ticked on the form.how are they going to issue my visa if DHL won't collect my passport. Thanks in advance as you reply 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

Refused-Ready-Issued. 

Refused-Administrative Processing-Issued.

Congratulation you'll be receiving your visa soonest

Oh wow..thank you for the info. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Good day house, I have my interview today and all went well, I was given a white pamphlet for my right in US and also was given another form to submit my Waec certificate and my wife recent tax transcripts... Now my first question is

1. Does the white pamphlet means visa is issued  

2 the CO told me to submit my international passport along with my wife tax return and waec certificate but he never tick it on the form for me to submit my international passport. He only tick the other two documents but he said I should submit my international passport along with it. 

3 with different stories have heard on visajoutney DHL won't collect my international passport if it's not ticked on the form.how are they going to issue my visa if DHL won't collect my passport. Thanks in advance as you reply 

First congratulation for the success of the interview. Yes the DHL won't collect your passport because it wasn't ticked. This platform have given us alot to know base on past experience with individual folks .

You should have told the CO to tick the box for you to submit your passport since he told you to drop of your passport.

This will only cause another slight delay for your visa being issued 

13 minutes ago, Kamozee said:

Oh wow..thank you for the info. 

Welcome bro

Timeline
51 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

First congratulation for the success of the interview. Yes the DHL won't collect your passport because it wasn't ticked. This platform have given us alot to know base on past experience with individual folks .

You should have told the CO to tick the box for you to submit your passport since he told you to drop of your passport.

This will only cause another slight delay for your visa being issued 

Welcome bro

At that moment it didn't come to mind for me to ask the co.. I got to know that the passport was not tucked only when I got outside 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Fidel said:

At that moment it didn't come to mind for me to ask the co.. I got to know that the passport was not tucked only when I got outside 

Sorry about that bro. You'll have to wait for another email from them to drop it off because the DHL staff won't collect it from you just have that in mind.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

Sorry about that bro. You'll have to wait for another email from them to drop it off because the DHL staff won't collect it from you just have that in mind.

How long will that take... Moreso my ceac is showing refused

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Fidel said:

How long will that take... Moreso my ceac is showing refused

When it comes to embassy no specific date or time. Just wait 

Regarding the refused its normal. Check my prior comment in this thread regarding that.

Edited by juliusbliss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.