Jump to content
cynthzlim

Interview Cancelled, Received Denial Notice

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm so stressed out right now!  I received a call that my interview got cancelled a week before my interview coz they haven't received my documents yet from their main office and they will mail me new letter for my new schedule. After a week of my original schedule, I received a denial notice for not showing up on my interview. It states I can file to reopen my case or I need to leave the country within 33 days and my working permit and travel ID are no longer valid. I'm still waiting for their return call. I want to visit the Fresno branch but sadly they don't accept walk in request or infopass appointments. Do I have to file Notice of Appeal or Motion (Form I-290B) though it's not my fault? Can I visit and make other infopass appointment in other branch instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You made a grave mistake not showing on your interview even someone called you. I assume that phone call might not be for you but for someone's case the officer works on. Or it was for you indeed, but your files got there before your actual inteview date, and they didn't let you know. But you always need to show at the interview date, just to be safe.

 

But it happened already so you need to get yourself together to figure out what happened. Do you still have the number that called you? If yes, you can call to schedule an infopass to talk to that officer. If you don't have that number, chance is that they don't take your words for it. NO SHOW is your fault no matter what, they never took responsibility for it. The worst case is that you need to file I-485 again ASAP, don't waste money on Appeal.


N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

You made a grave mistake not showing on your interview even someone called you. I assume that phone call might not be for you but for someone's case the officer works on. Or it was for you indeed, but your files got there before your actual inteview date, and they didn't let you know. But you always need to show at the interview date, just to be safe.

 

But it happened already so you need to get yourself together to figure out what happened. Do you still have the number that called you? If yes, you can call to schedule an infopass to talk to that officer. If you don't have that number, chance is that they don't take your words for it. NO SHOW is your fault no matter what, they never took responsibility for it. The worst case is that you need to file I-485 again ASAP, don't waste money on Appeal.

14 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

You made a grave mistake not showing on your interview even someone called you. I assume that phone call might not be for you but for someone's case the officer works on. Or it was for you indeed, but your files got there before your actual inteview date, and they didn't let you know. But you always need to show at the interview date, just to be safe.

 

But it happened already so you need to get yourself together to figure out what happened. Do you still have the number that called you? If yes, you can call to schedule an infopass to talk to that officer. If you don't have that number, chance is that they don't take your words for it. NO SHOW is your fault no matter what, they never took responsibility for it. The worst case is that you need to file I-485 again ASAP, don't waste money on Appeal.

Thanks for your message Nancy. Filing I-485 will cost us another $1,140 and notice of appeal is $675. I'm still waiting for their return call. I just received the letter last night. I was shocked and I'm worried coz my working permit is no longer valid after 18 days receiving the letter. That number called me is the FRESNO branch office telephone number but it doesn't accept calls. They want me to call directly to their hotline number. I hope I can get a return call from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cynthzlim said:

Thanks for your message Nancy. Filing I-485 will cost us another $1,140 and notice of appeal is $675. I'm still waiting for their return call. I just received the letter last night. I was shocked and I'm worried coz my working permit is no longer valid after 18 days receiving the letter. That number called me is the FRESNO branch office telephone number but it doesn't accept calls. They want me to call directly to their hotline number. I hope I can get a return call from them.

You need to call the 800 number to schedule an infopass. You need to be proactive, don't wait for their call.


N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

You need to call the 800 number to schedule an infopass. You need to be proactive, don't wait for their call.

Thanks. I already called them 7am today and they said they will call me back at 11am. It's already 12:30PM. You're right, I need to call them again and again and I will ask them to transfer my call to the incharge officer of my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
24 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

You need to call the 800 number to schedule an infopass. You need to be proactive, don't wait for their call.

I finally received a return call from their customer representative but she only said I need to file the Notice of Appeal and she can't make me an appointment to visit the branch or to transfer my call to the field branch. I will try to send a letter to the branch office and I will print the screenshot of the call details of their branch contact number about the cancellation of my interview schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}
×
×
  • Create New...