Kaykay2019

Addresses within five years question on I-129 application

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am planning to file for a K1 visa for my fiancé  whom I met when I visited my home country June 2019. I was married at the time of the meeting; however, I got divorced shortly after that in September 2019. My ex husband and I met while he was on a student visa (unknown until after getting married) but I loved him and didn’t want him to leave so we went through immigration for his AOS. Unfortunately we started having marital issues shortly which led to us separating and me relocating to another state. We ended up getting back together under the same roof after one and half year of separation. My question is should I indicate on the two addresses that I lived at during the separation that I was separated from my ex husband and also that I reconciled with him on the last address we resided prior to the divorce in 2019?I know that they already have our file at immigration and don’t want to hide such information, but I also don’t want to disclose information that may not be required either. Please help and thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

25 minutes ago, Kaykay2019 said:

My question is should I indicate on the two addresses that I lived at during the separation that I was separated from my ex husband and also that I reconciled with him on the last address we resided prior to the divorce in 2019?

Dont think its necessary to be that elaborate. Yes you will indicate the two address and any other address you have lived at  as needed on the forms....answer truthfully that you are divorced and enter the dates of your final divorce appropriately....plead your case that your relationship is bona fide by providing sufficient evidence of time spent together and who you two have been upto  (facetimes,vacations etc)...Totally fill the form I-129F and leave the decision to USCIS. No need to mention you separated and reconciled and you lived here or there

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

15 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Dont think its necessary to be that elaborate. Yes you will indicate the two address and any other address you have lived at  as needed on the forms....answer truthfully that you are divorced and enter the dates of your final divorce appropriately....plead your case that your relationship is bona fide by providing sufficient evidence of time spent together and who you two have been upto  (facetimes,vacations etc)...Totally fill the form I-129F and leave the decision to USCIS. No need to mention you separated and reconciled and you lived here or there

Thanks 😊, I appreciate the advise! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kaykay2019 said:

Thanks 😊, I appreciate the advise! 

Forgive my typos, crazy trying to get early morning coffee and reply comments at the same time.

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

17 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Forgive my typos, crazy trying to get early morning coffee and reply comments at the same time.

No worries I got what you were trying to say 😁. Have a lovely day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.