Mr and Mrs S

Certified Copy of Pakistani Passport (for IRS form W7) at Karachi Consulate

29 posts in this topic

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Madiha Khurshid said:

I am from Karachi, I need to visit ( US Consulate General Karachi ) Is that correct? 

Do I need to explain why I want an ITIN, and is this an interview?

I don't think they'll ask why you need the ITIN. Make an appointment with the US consulate in Karachi over the phone. Tell them you need to get the copy of your passport certified for form w7. 

This will not be a visa interview. 

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Thank you for help, I just called the consulate and explain them that I am non USA resident and  I am working online with POD websites in royalties/commission capacity and they want my W8 form, and in order to fill that form I need ITIN number, Should I come to the consulate and book my appointment for passport certification? I have explained this to make sure that I am not wasting theirs or mine time for an appointment. The gentleman who was on call listened all this thing scolded me badly and ask me that I don't need ITIN number I need local TIN number. 

Instead of helping me he just hang up. I am feeling anxious now, because I don't need ITIN number for visa purposes. 

Please help if someone knows or had an idea about similar case as mine? 

5 minutes ago, Madiha Khurshid said:

Thank you for help, I just called the consulate and explain them that I am non USA resident and  I am working online with POD websites in royalties/commission capacity and they want my W8 form, and in order to fill that form I need ITIN number, Should I come to the consulate and book my appointment for passport certification? I have explained this to make sure that I am not wasting theirs or mine time for an appointment. The gentleman who was on call listened all this thing scolded me badly and ask me that I don't need ITIN number I need local TIN number. 

Instead of helping me he just hang up. I am feeling anxious now, because I don't need ITIN number for visa purposes. 

Please help if someone knows or had an idea about similar case as mine? 

Why would you call and tell them the reason? The agents dont know . You know that you need ITIN and that’s what you tell them that I need true certified copy of passport. If they ask why, tell them for w7, if they ask why then tell them about ITIN. The caller agents dont know things like that. Book an appointment online on website and just go. Why would you want to call and book appointment that’s not how it works. They have clear instruction that book appointment online, and while you book there is a section what do you want the appointment for, and a drop down has options and you select w7 and true certified passport. Print the appointment confirmation and take that with you. 

Edited by AAKhan

1 minute ago, Madiha Khurshid said:

He was asking, Why do you need ITIN number and stuff. 

That’s why you don’t call them. Book appointment through website that’s the only way it works. The person who will get the certified copy for you can ask what do you need this for and you tell them for ITIN. That’s it. You are not supposed to tell them details when not asked. They are rude people.

17 minutes ago, Madiha Khurshid said:

Yes they are, Thank you for helping : ) I'll update. 

Also they take cash only and as of April 2022 their exchange rate was 300pkr per dollar. So I had to pay 15000 rupees for 50 dollars for certified copy of passport. You can either confirm it on website or take a few extra thousands just in case. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/21/2023 at 1:32 AM, AAKhan said:

Hello Madiha, you just go to consulate office, I went to lahore consulate and general got true certified copy of passport for 50 dollars and submitted it along with w7. And got my ITIN within 2 months

Hi @AAKhan, I am also needed one W7. Can you please kindly explain do you email W7 to IRS, or mail it with your tax returns? 

How do you get both spouses signature on tax return when one spouse is in Pakistan?

4 minutes ago, WonderingRobort said:

Hi @AAKhan, I am also needed one W7. Can you please kindly explain do you email W7 to IRS, or mail it with your tax returns? 

How do you get both spouses signature on tax return when one spouse is in Pakistan?

you mail it with tax returns, because it's totally paper work and you cannot email them. tax return doesnt need to be signed by both spouses. w7 needs to be signed for whom the itin is being applied.

Edited by AAKhan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.