Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UltraHD

Is there any affect of Case Updates without any inquiry?

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What are the effects if one's case is in Administrative Processing and the dates change without sending any inquiries/emails?

 

Does case update give any signs of a decision?

 

When does often case date change, after how much time?

 

After how many changes Embassy/consulate ask for additional documents?

 

Kindly share your practical experience and understanding of case updating.

 

Thanks

 

 

Edited by Penguin_ie
email removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's differs case to case.   Some get no updates and then one day a few updates then a visa.  Some get many updates but no visa.  Many will say 3 updates consecutive means a visa but we had that happen twice and we are still in AP.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It's differs case to case.   Some get no updates and then one day a few updates then a visa.  Some get many updates but no visa.  Many will say 3 updates consecutive means a visa but we had that happen twice and we are still in AP.   

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can your share your visa category, interview date, objections, first update, and how many updates thus far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, UltraHD said:

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can your share your visa category, interview date, objections, first update, and how many updates thus far?

We are a IR1, first interview was 12/13/17 second interview was 10/23/18,  no objections at second interview but given ds5535, first update...before interview then continually for the first few month, then in slowed down then stopped.  Now it only updates when the congressman or senator inquire.

Total of 27 updates 10 without an inquiry once it was 4 days in a row another 3 days in a row...still in AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

We are a IR1, first interview was 12/13/17 second interview was 10/23/18,  no objections at second interview but given ds5535, first update...before interview then continually for the first few month, then in slowed down then stopped.  Now it only updates when the congressman or senator inquire.

Total of 27 updates 10 without an inquiry once it was 4 days in a row another 3 days in a row...still in AP.

Were you given white slip?

if yes, which box was ticked?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, UltraHD said:

Were you given white slip?

if yes, which box was ticked?

 

At second interview we were given the white paper (221g) second box checked for Administrative Processing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, UltraHD said:

It is for security background check.

No-one knows....I honestly don't believe long AP is due to security checks for Pakistan.  Document verification maybe but in our case they gave all documents back.  You can't verify the documents if you don't keep them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No-one knows....I honestly don't believe long AP is due to security checks for Pakistan.  Document verification maybe but in our case they gave all documents back.  You can't verify the documents if you don't keep them.  

They return all the documents.

except the Passport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Yes...they still have his passport 

I am on the same page except I was given a 221g form with only first option checked off and one additional document needed which I uploaded on CEAC. I had my interview in October, I’ve sent 3-4 inquiries since then and have not heard back from them and received only one update in November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline
On 1/29/2020 at 5:26 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

At second interview we were given the white paper (221g) second box checked for Administrative Processing.

I had a second interview with my wife last week and they gave us a white paper to request some pictures. They send us an email saying they are reviewing the case and they will complete asap. We were in Ap for 15 months. We sent all the requirements to their e-mail. Should we also bring the pictures they asked for  to the embassy. Any advice  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...