US2UK

DS-160 mistake?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I filled in my K1 DS-160 a few days ago and only put my current employer, not my last 5 years. I don’t remember seeing an option to  Add extra employment, but other people here have discussed writing their last 5 years of employment. 

did I make a mistake? If so, how do I correct it?

thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
15 minutes ago, US2UK said:

Hi all,

I filled in my K1 DS-160 a few days ago and only put my current employer, not my last 5 years. I don’t remember seeing an option to  Add extra employment, but other people here have discussed writing their last 5 years of employment. 

did I make a mistake? If so, how do I correct it?

thanks in advance!

The FAQs on the London website state this about the DS-260 (for spouse visas). I would assume it also applies to the DS-160 (for fiance visas). I would say your error falls in the Background and Security area. Some just send a new submission and print the new confirmation page so the corrected one is pulled up at the interview. But if you can't do that then contact them to unlock your case as it says below.

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

Timeline

@US2UK

Sorry, I’m lost on what you are asking. 
It wants employers for last five years. When you finish the first, there is a place to add another. Did you do that? Hmm, that’s blurry. New iPad and it doesn’t do markup the same.

E2CA631A-BDE3-4092-9560-DA2B36FDAA8D.jpeg

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

@US2UK

Sorry, I’m lost on what you are asking. 
It wants employers for last five years. When you finish the first, there is a place to add another. Did you do that?

E2CA631A-BDE3-4092-9560-DA2B36FDAA8D.jpeg

Yes so if you look on the left hand side, there are 3 tabs, "present", "past" and "additional" on the sample DS-160. I don't remember ever seeing the "past" page or it's questions. and if you look at the questions on my application screenshot, it doesn't show that I ever answered those questions. Could it be that the form was recently updated? So the sample is based off the old form ,and the new form doesn't ask about 5 years of work history?

Timeline

So your answers screenshot is not the actual application like shown in the example shot. How does one compare if not the same thing? Can you start over from scratch going to a brand new blank form. 

Other than that, I don’t know. You said (original post) you only listed one employer. Then in a later reply you said you did click “add another” to list another employer. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

So your answers screenshot is not the actual application like shown in the example shot. How does one compare if not the same thing? Can you start over from scratch going to a brand new blank form. 

Other than that, I don’t know. You said (original post) you only listed one employer. Then in a later reply you said you did click “add another” to list another employer. 

Sorry if I confused you, but I never said I clicked "add another"? Unless you are talking about where I said I went through the form 1 page at a time? I was trying to explain that I went through the entire DS-160 clicking through each page in order, so not sure how I would have missed that page where it asks you to complete "previous employment".

The first screen shot was a sample DS-160 from one of the government web pages. The second screen shot was my answers (I downloaded a copy once I submitted the form). Hope that makes sense?

Timeline

Yes, I know what your screen shots are, but if the online application says 5 years like the example (I think it does), maybe you didn’t read it and just moved on to education without noticing that “add another” employer you worked for in the last five years.  Have you tried to start a brand new DS-160? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes, I know what your screen shots are, but if the online application says 5 years like the example (I think it does), maybe you didn’t read it and just moved on to education without noticing that “add another” employer you worked for in the last five years.  Have you tried to start a brand new DS-160? 

No, I will go ahead and try that tomorrow! Just bizarre. I though it made you complete everything before moving on to the next page. Thanks for the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.